We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the outlook?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
How's the outlook?

2 weeks until our MB vaca! Will someone please tell me how the water is? Will we be able to jump in and enjoy or is it still too cold?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the outlook?

Here's a website that has plenty of realtime data about surf conditions for just about anywhere....looks like you can count on low 70's in MB. Will that do for taking a jump? Sure wish it was that warm on my beach.

www.magicseaweed.com

Edited: 7:34 pm, June 02, 2014
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the outlook?

Thanks for the site! Keeping an eye on it!

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the outlook?

Ocean temp is currently 75. Little cool for me but you're coming from a cooler climate so it might feel refreshing to you. We did go to the pool Sunday. Water was a little chilly but was fine after you got used to it. I think you'll be just fine.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the outlook?

*sigh*......SO wanting to soak in some warm water. lol

Thanks. We've never been to MB before and are looking forward to it....but I'm a real wimp in cold water.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the outlook?

If its 75 now you will pick up 3-4 degrees in 2 weeks because the hotter weather is there.

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's the outlook?

I didn't want to get her hopes up too much. It's still been a little chilly at night and only lower 80's during the day. The forecast does say that it's supposed to warm up a little in the next few weeks.

I'm a real wimp in cold water too. Does your resort have a hot tub?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How's the outlook?

It's really that cool there? We went this same week last year, and it was burning up there.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's the outlook?

I have been looking at the live cams and I have seen quite a few people in the water. So it may be fine when you come down. We went the first week of July and the water was great. So the end of June shouldnt be too bad.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's the outlook?

No....we have rented a condo. Loving this conversation! Can't wait!!

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How's the outlook?

Don't get me wrong, it's not freezing here, it's just cooler than I think it should be for June. I thought I might have to put a jacket on my daughter to go to daycare Monday morning. It has warmed up a little bit since. Now it's only going down to the lower 70's at night but still only getting to mid 80's during the day. I think it's very pleasant right now.

Like I said, I did go to the pool on Sunday. It was chilly but not freezing. The kids seemed to be having a blast. Hopefully because it's not dropping into the 60's at night now, the water temp will increase a few more degrees before you get here. Or that the temp in general will be a little warmer and the slightly cooler water will feel refreshing!