We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Bar help

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel/Bar help

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm thinking about going to MB in May for 3/4 nights to surprise a friend for her birthday (been coordinating things with other friends)

She lives in the Dunes Club but that is really not my style. I'd like somewhere in between the airport and the Dunes Club. From my research I think around the area of Broadway on the beach is somewhat in between the two?

I also don't want something particularly expensive nor do I think I could put up with the lowest hotels like the Viking. Steal of a price but the Viking looked very poor?

I'm far from fussy, just need somewhere to sleep and keep my bag. I've stayed in all kinds of hotels from low end to high end... even some low end resorts in Dominican Republic and survived so how bad really is the Viking, Polynesian, Ocean Plaza?

When it comes to hotels I have the tendency of weighing the pros/cons, cost, etc, and in this short 3/4 night stay it's leaning towards a cheaper hotel. For one I'm not going to be in it other then to sleep a bit. Two it's not like location is really on the top of the important factor as I would be with a local who resides there so I will have access to a car. And 3 some nights I probably won't even be there.

That said I want a safe place where I don't have to worry about my laptop or other valuables being stolen when I'm away from the room.

I would however like to be somewhere in walking distance to bar/restaurants. Is there an area that has a strip of bars? Any tiki bars to go to during the day?

For any of you that have been on Ft Lauderdale strip where it's hotels, bar, shopping, restaurant, bar, bar, hotel, etc down the street.. that's like the type of area I would prefer staying in if they have that in MB?

For evening time I know there is Broadway on the beach. Likely will be there but also know my friend mentioned whenever I go down that we will be going to Murrils Inlet and Pawleys island.

Area of hotel for night is not really a factor as I will have access to a car BUT should there be a day/night that I do find myself alone I would like to be in the vicinity of some bars/restaurants. It does not have to be walking distance for night time, but I'd prefer somewhere where I am not paying high taxi fares. Rather put that money down my throat with liquor LOL.

Anything you can recommend?

Edited: 5:58 pm, April 24, 2014
MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Bar help

A few more questions.

1 - How is the Sheraton convention center. Can get a steal of a price at $58 per night. I know it's right down from Broadway on the Beach and a few streets to the Ocean... But I browsed google street view and didn't notice any bars in the area down by the beach for the day time. Is this correct? Would like a tiki bar or something at the beach.

2 - Ocean Annies bar on the beach, now that looks like a place I would like to spend the day at. It's also right by the Dunes Club if I'm not mistaken.. Any hotels in that area?

3 - Every now and then I like a bit of country... Is Daisy Dukes still open I can't seem to find that info and their facebook has not been updated in awhile.... The Bowery looks like a fun place as well... Rodeo I read the reviews and probably will avoid that place..... Any other good country bars?

Thank you!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Bar help

There is a Hampton Inn at Broadway at the Beach. There are many bars, clubs & Restaurants at Broadway at the Beach. You would be 1.5 miles from the beach. If you would like to be closer to the beach and walk to many bars and restaurants check out the Holiday Inn Pavilion and Aqua Beach Inn. All of these would suit your needs and allow you to walk to a lot of places.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Bar help

Ocean Annie's is located at Sand's Ocean Club. Also a nicer club indoors. Nice resort restaurant and a River City's located right on site. Other than that.....Nothing else in walking distance.

4. Re: Hotel/Bar help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 27, 2015