We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

Hey- My friends and I are throwing a bachelor party in late August and we can't figure out if it's best to stay in Myrtle Beach or Charleston SC. We're all coming from NYC and haven't been to either location. Here's what we are looking for: hang by the beach/pool during the day, happy hour bars, bars and nightclubs and some adult entertainment. We are all in our late 20's. One big thing for us, is we like the idea of renting a house and being in close proximity to nightlife as we don't plan on renting a car.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Charleston
Charleston
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

Well, maybe you better start looking at house rentals.....could be a budget buster in either MB or Charleston.

And to stay in Charleston and hang at the beach with no car isn't do-able, unless you use a taxi or public transportation.

Now if you elect to go with a hotel/condo, I think MB would work fine, except that the "adult entertainment" (gentlemen's clubs) and most bars (other than hotel bars) aren't near the beach, so without a car you would again be taking taxis or buses. If you all split a car rental, it's going to be a lot cheaper than your alternatives.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

Myrtle Beach would better suit your needs. Take a look at Camelot, The Breakers, Dayton House and Best western Carolinian. You will be able to walk to many restaurants, bars and attractions. Also you will be a very short cab ride from Broadway at the Beach which has a lot of clubs.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts
Camelot by the Sea...
1,099 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Dayton House Resort
Dayton House Resort
2,013 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Carolinian Beach Resort
Carolinian Beach Resort
2,406 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,459 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

Thank you! Very helpful.. we really would like to stay in a house so looking into that now. We're thinking of just renting a bus to take us around one night or cabs.

As far as restaurants in the area go, any good ones we should make sure to eat at?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

I think you will really like Rioz and you will like the bars, clubs and restaurants at Broadway at the Beach. There are very few rental homes that will place you close to a lot of restaurants, bars, attractions,etc.

Mentioned in this post
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,459 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

Copied from your other post, perhaps it will help:

I am sure there are good options in Charleston, but I have only visited the historic sites in Charleston so someone else will have to give input.

It sounds like staying in a Myrtle Beach hi-rise condo resort in the single digit avenues would bring you close to all the action you are wanting. Perhaps you could rent several condos side by side at one of the larger resorts. You may want to search the Myrtle Beach forums to give yourself an idea on which resort would suit you best. Here is the area I was thinking: https://maps.google.com/…

If you are set on a house, I would suggest a house very close to the pier in Garden City. (Garden City is located several miles south of Myrtle Beach Proper, but is still considered part of the Grand Strand.) There are some happening bars at, and around the pier in Garden City. There is also an arcade and a couple junk shops at the pier, but you would need a car to do anything other than those close places. There are some great restaurants and bars in Murrells Inlet that are a 5 to 10 minute drive from Garden City. http://www.dunes.com/ is a good rental agency that may be able to assist in finding the right house. Here is the location I was thinking: https://maps.google.com/…

There may be better house options in the city of North Myrtle Beach, but I am not as familiar with those houses or which area would be best. (North Myrtle Beach is a separate city that is several miles north of Myrtle Beach Proper, also part of the Grand Strand.)

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Garden City Beach
Garden City Beach
Grand Strand
Grand Strand
462 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

Myrtle beach would be best

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
7. Re: Myrtle Beach or Charleston for Bachelor Party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 21, 2015