We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

We are trying to plan a week long vacation for our family this July. Our kids are 7.5 and 1. Which of these resorts would you recommend for young kids? We plan to spend a lot of time in the water, but also hit some local destinations as well. We'd like to get a two room suite/hotel room due to our youngest going to bed early.

Also, when it comes to booking, it seems like the best rates are found on the hotel's website vs other sites like Priceline or am I just timing it wrong? Does calling vs booking on the hotel's site get a better rate? We are travelling at the busiest time so I know rates aren't super competitive due to that, probably.

Thanks for any help you can offer in regards to hotel selection or rates and booking!

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

Also open to any additional hotel recommendations!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

Howdy and welcome to TripAdvisor!

A couple questions: What is your budget? Are you wanting to be beachfront or is across the street ok? Is 3rd row ok? Do you know what area you want to stay?

Let us know what you think and we can help point you in the right direction.

FWIW, I typically like to rent a condo in Surfside Beach. Surfside Beach is known as the family beach and is much less crowded than MyrtleBeach Proper in the prime season (June-August). It's located just south of Myrtle Beach Proper, but still a short drive to the attractions, and a little closer to Murrells Inlet where there are many great restaurants! One of the more cost effective condo's I have stayed that was always nice and clean is SeaGrove. It's 3rd row, but an easy walk to the beach, and it has a nice pool! surfsiderealty.com/booking/…Sea-Grove

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

Thanks for the reply!

My budget...I'd like to stay under $2k. We'd like beachfront too, but not being beachfront wouldn't be a deal breaker. I'm not too particular about area, but I think a quieter area would be more our speed. We are going at such a busy time that I'm sure the main area would be pretty crowded?

I called the Caribbean and the representative I spoke with also recommended Ocean Reef, which she said was in a quieter area.

Thanks for the information on Surfside Beach and SeaGrove. I will look into those as well!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

You're welcome. Sea Cloisters II is in your price range, on the beach, and also has a nice pool: surfsiderealty.com/booking/…Sea-Cloisters-II

Indeed, Myrtle Beach Proper will be very busy in July - If you want a quieter area (relatively compared to MB), I would suggest either staying in Surfside Beach (or further south), or the city of North Myrtle Beach (which is a different town than Myrtle Beach).

Edited: 10:38 pm, February 26, 2014
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

We have stayed at the Caribbean the last two years and are booked for this July as well.it's a great resort... Close to everything but not too crowded....esp the beach to the left of the hotel. Dominican will be in your budget also....nice pools and slide

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

In July, if you want to stay in Myrtle, I would choose the Caribbean as well. Last resort on the "Strand" that has a really nice quiet beach section next to it.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

My favorite is the Caribbean. great location you can walk to restaurants and many attractions. and great water amenities. Sea crest is not in the same class and coral beach puts you well south of most attractions.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

Look at Carolina Winds or Grande Shores right beside it. They are at the northern end of Myrtle Beach and a nice quieter area. We have stayed at CW twice and really liked it and the area. Easy drive to everything. Also look at Long Bay Resort, just a bit down the street from those two.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

Coral Beach is a decent bang for your buck place with. The Carribean is a more modern resort. I would avoid the Sea Mist.

10. Re: Coral Beach,Caribbean or Sea Crest for young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, March 01, 2015