We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Carolina Opry all country music?

Concord, NH
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Is Carolina Opry all country music?

I saw the "All That" clogging group in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and would like to take my teenage granddaughters to see them at the Opry, BUT... none of us cares for country music very much.

I've been unable to determine either from their website or the postings here whether it's truly a variety show or whether it's country-centric, so I'd appreciate some details.

Thanks so much.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

I believe the group is currently appearing in both The Carolina Opry and Good Vibrations. Good Vibrations is not a country music show.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

They are in the video for Good Vibrations: thecarolinaopry.com/myrtle-beach-shows/…

Concord, NH
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

So... is Carolina Opry actually all country music? Thanks.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

I think there is a communication failure going on here. The phrase "The Carolina Opry" can actually have two meanings:

Meaning #1 (This is the meaning coastermeister and I thought you meant.) is the name of a theater located at 8901 North Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. Here is the map link: http://goo.gl/maps/eTffR If you asked your question with this meaning, the answer is: No.

Meaning #2 is the name of a musical performance located at the theater mentioned in Meaning #1. This is a version of the original performance at this theater. I say version since there are slight changes every year and I say original since originally this was the only performance offered at this theater. If you asked your qustion with this meaning, the answer is: Yes.

FYI: I dislike country music, but I have seen and enjoyed the original Carolina Opry show (Meaning #2). Just be aware, it is country music.

My favorite show in the MB area is Good Vibrations. It is a rock based show with music from the 1960 forward. The link I posted has a video on it that shows the cloggers in action. Since you and your grandkids dislike country, I highly suggest you see Good Vibrations. It is a lot of fun!

here is the link again: thecarolinaopry.com/myrtle-beach-shows/…

Have a great trip and I hope you enjoy whichever show you end up seeing.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

Good Vibrations when I last seen it ( will be going again next Friday) was a fast moving show with music by groups from the Beatles to Kiss. Some good comedy thrown in.Can give you an update after Friday.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

The Carolina Opry is NOT the Grand Ole Opry, which is mostly country. Carolina Opry is a combination of music styles and some good comedy. We try to see at least once a year in addition to the Christmas Show.

7. Re: Is Carolina Opry all country music?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 16, 2015