We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dance competition in July

Terryville...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dance competition in July

Staying at the Breakers. What are your must see/do as our free time will be limited. Also, best restaurants near the Breakers and the Convention Center.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
920 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dance competition in July

With limted free....Lay on the beach....There really is not a whole lot to see in MB..

Restaurants: River City Cafe, right across the street...Good Burgers,

Bummzz Beach Cafe, right next door...Decent Food.

Broadway at the Beach, 1.5 mile inland from the Breakers...Lots to see and do there.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dance competition in July

From the Breakers you can walk to The Boardwalk, Skywheel, Ripleys, Funhouses,Mazes,Slingshot, free concerts,etc all are just south of The Breakers. When you are walking from the Breakers to the Convention Center you will walk past Dirty Don's, River City and Soho. All are good causual resturants and like China said Bummz on the beach is right nextdoor and has outside seating overlooking the ocean. Also the Red Parrott is an onsite restaurant in the Breakers. Bandittos is a nice Mexican restaurant 6 blocks south and there are many more places to eat within walking distance. The Patio, Pier 14, Solo, Sea Captains, plus all the places at Broadway at the Beach which is 1.5 miles west on 21st Ave.

Edited: 2:43 pm, December 13, 2013
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dance competition in July

"There really isn't a whole lot to see in MB!" hmmm that comment struck me as odd, but then....thinking about it...I guess there is more to DO. Which is probably what the OP really meant in the first place. With limited time, I would suggest the whole Boardwalk area, which is main "hub" of activity especially at night. Don't forget to go into the Gay Dolphin! And since it it close, be sure to go to Broadway at the Beach.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dance competition in July

If you have a bunch of Dancers and are between the Convention Center and Breakers, then I suggest Broadway at the Beach. Lots to do and has something for everyone. IMO it would be a good for a group as you don't have to worry about crossing a street or traffic. Just park and enjoy all it has to offer.

Kentucky
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dance competition in July

Are there any new resorts or nice places to stay? I haven't been to MB in 2 years. Just wondered if any nice places have been built? I have stayed at the Anderson Ocean. I have looked at Island Vista but haven't stayed there.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dance competition in July

excited0197, nothing in the past two years I don't think. We stayed at Island Vista this past June. VERY nice!! I would stay there again for sure! Nothing to walk to, but that doesn't bother me. Nice, quiet area of the beach. Residential area.

7. Re: Dance competition in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach