We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

before Memorial day question

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
before Memorial day question

Are there any weeks in May before Memorial day weekend that it's not hit or miss with the weather as far as air and water temperature? Is there a senior week in Myrtle?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: before Memorial day question

You will always have a chance with unseasonal weather but the last few years i have been in MB for Harley week( usually the 3rd week of May) and the weather has been great low 80"s. The ocean temps are cool but you will see many people in the water especially if they are from the north. I like that week and will be going down again in 2014.

Edited: 11:24 am, October 24, 2013
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: before Memorial day question

You would think the later in May you go, the warmer it would be. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The earlier in May, the less crowded usually.

Senior "Week" (and I guess you mean High School Seniors)..is from the last week in May to about the 3rd week in June. Depends on when they graduate. It is different in different cities and states.

3. Re: before Memorial day question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 26, 2014