We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip in Oct

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weekend trip in Oct

cheap airfare has us coming to Myrtle Beach from Chicago the first weekend of October for a 3-day weekend. Just the wife and I, we have no kids, and we're only there for Saturday-Monday. I'm a big golfer and my wife likes anything relaxing...like the beach or the spa. We're planning on renting a car and exploring during the day on Saturday (10/5) and Sunday (10/6), but I want to play golf Sun morning and she wants to get a massage while I'm gone.

Any hotel recommendations for a good spa? How about a decently priced golf course for me? I'll only have time for 1 round, so if I have to splurge a little to play a great track, I will.

Also, what's the #1 thing to do if we're only in town for a short period of time? How about the #1 dinner place? We don't mind driving a bit to get to either...no more than 1hr though.

Thanks!!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip in Oct

The Anderson is a nice resort and is more geared for adults. It also has an onsite spa and you will be able to walk to many restauarnts,bars, and attractions.It is not a crowded time of year so your better off staying within walking distance. Ny Prime is 1 block from the Anderson and it is a great Steakhouse. The Sea Captains House is 3 blocks north and is a nice oceanfront seafood restaurant. I really like Arrowhead Country Club. its a very nice course . Murrells inlet has the Marshwalk and its a good place to visit as is Brooadway at the Beach which is only 1.5 miles from The Anderson. Brookgreen gardens is also a great day trip and is about 25 minutes south.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
667 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip in Oct

Sea captain is an excellent choice for dinner. There are a lot of great courses in the area and as suggested Arrowhead is a good choice. If I was going for one round this is what I would consider Caledonia would be first choice, to me this is the best experience in the area. True Blue across the street would be my 2nd choice. The next level down would be Tidewater, Grande dunes, Barefoot Love and Fazio. Again just my opinion but I would be happy to play any of these.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend trip in Oct

Lee's Inlet Kitchen is my favorite place for dinner!

http://leesinletkitchen.com/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d43…

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend trip in Oct

If I were on a short trip and wanted one good place for dinner, I would choose between Drunken Jack's in Murrells Inlet or Gulfstream in Garden City Beach. Combination of good food and some atmosphere but not tacky/touristy IMO.

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend trip in Oct

Thanks everyone! We will look into all of these for sure. We did end up choosing the Anderson Ocean Club based on all the great reviews. As for golf I don't think the budget (or my wife!) would allow me to spend more than $100 for golf, but based on what I've seen I should have no trouble finding something.

Anyone used the spa services at Anderson? My wife is probably going to get a massage while I'm golfing.

6. Re: Weekend trip in Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 06, 2014