We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Directions from Long Island New York to myrtle Beach SC

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Directions from Long Island New York to myrtle Beach SC

We are going to be driving down to Myrtle Beach South Carolina from Westbury New York. Could someone give me the best directions getting there. We will be travelling with two adults, and two small children ages 7 and 1. Therefore i do not think that we will be able to drive straight through without making pit stops and staying overnight. Also what would be the best area to stop for an overnight stay? Want something reasonable, and near to the highway. Would suggest us to make a reservation? We are staying at the Tropical Seas Resort. Would that be in the northern or southern part of myrtle beach?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,339 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Directions from Long Island New York to myrtle Beach SC

Tropical Seas is WAY in the Southern part of Myrtle Beach. I had never heard of this hotel, so I looked it up. Not great reviews and not the best location. (just my opinion) How did you find this hotel?? You are close to Myrtle Beach St. Park and Family Kingdom (amusement park), Market Commons too...great shopping there! Also closer to Murrells Inlet with all its great resturants (Drunkin Jacks is a MUST!) and the Marshwalk there. Close to the Pier too. Other than that....a good drive north to the Boardwalk/Skywheel area, Broadway at the Beach, tons of mini golf courses and hundreds of other fun resturants. It's a cute little hotel though, but a pretty small pool. (but same wonderful ocean! ;) Hope it works for you!

Edited: 4:05 pm, July 31, 2013
Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Directions from Long Island New York to myrtle Beach SC

The fatest way down is to take Rt 95 and in North Carolina exit at Rt 74 take that to rt 410 south to Rt 701 south to rt 9 east to hwy 31 and then exit off of that. This sounds complicated but it's not As for overnight Roanoke Rapids just over tthe North Carolina border and offers many motels and casual dining for families. It will leave you a little more then 4 hours out from MB.

3. Re: Best Directions from Long Island New York to myrtle Beach SC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 02, 2014