We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camelot by the Sea. Opinions?

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Camelot by the Sea. Opinions?

When I made our reservations at Camelot back in June, the reviews were great. Now that we are less than a week before we arrive, the reviews are terrible.

Have any of you stayed there that would share your experience?

I also read that a water park & miniature golf are included in the rate but that wasn't mentioned when I made my reservations online. Is this true?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camelot by the Sea. Opinions?

I've stayed at Camelot a couple of times, in a 2 bedroom oceanfront room. It's not a luxury resort but it was always clean, the location is great, and the staff was friendly. The parking garage is attached to the hotel, which was an advantage both for my dad who has mobility issues, and also easier with small kids in tow. Many of the hotels have their parking garage across the street, which isn't a huge problem, but I would say that parking was really convenient at Breakers.

My guess is that they may have offered a package or a special that included a water park and golf. Go to their website to see what specials they are offering or give them a call. That's the only way you will know for sure.

Toronto
Level Contributor
352 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camelot by the Sea. Opinions?

We've stayed at the Camelot three times. First time in 2011 on a golf trip it was great. Some minor room problems (safe not working, room keys not working) were addressed quickly.

In 2012 our golf group went in May and hot tubs didn't work of 6 of 7 days. We kept being told parts were on order.

In August 2012 my family stayed there and, again, the hot tubs didn't work. Front desk staff didn't seem to care too much and kept saying the repair would be made by the next day. They went unrepaired the entire week. One desker blamed it on a child pushing the emergency stop button. On two days the pools and lazy river appeared not to have been cleaned. On staff member remarked that Oceana had cut back on staff but we had no way to verify that.

As a result, our golf group of 32 decided to stay elsewhere in 2013.

The location is great, their golf director outstanding and the amenities are fine when the equipment works.

Kevin

Toronto

3. Re: Camelot by the Sea. Opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 06, 2014