We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large family reunion house rentals

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
Large family reunion house rentals

We are looking for a house rental to sleep 8 adults and 6 kids for next april or May. Any good sites for beach rentals? I want something nice.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

You must check out Seaside Rentals at seasiderentalsonline.com. They have the largest selection of new homes with pools in the Myrtle Beach area. Most of the homes are in Surfside and Garden City. These beaches are part of the MB Grand Strand, but south of MB proper. Very family oriented area, less crowded than MB but most attractions in MB are 15 - 25 min away.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

Oh, forgot to mention. If you are thinking about May, beware of the biker weeks. Very loud and annoying if you're not a biker. Also, most rentals go up to summer rates during those weeks. Rental co. can advise you of dates.

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

Thank you for the information. I will look into it.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

Try this site for houses in NMB. Most beach houses in NMB are in Cherry Grove section. Like the above post said. Check for bike weeks. We were there this past year and it was noisy in our block while a mile up the beach people said it was quiet.

northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/book/query.html

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

Elliott Realty for North Myrtle Beach. Surfside and Garden City would try Dunes Realty and Garden City Realty. Last year, we rented a home in Cherry Grove section of NMB through Elliott and a great experience. (We had 16 ranging from 1 to 70 in age)...had plenty of room and sleeping quarters. I believe they were called the Cayman Villas (2nd row between ocean and inlet). Pool table, huge kitchen, great views, balconies everwhere....clean and relatively new.

Swedesboro, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

Do not stay at the Cayman Villas, they are filthy.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

We stayed at Cayman Villas, and it was VERY clean. We rented through Elliott. There are 8 of these houses/villas, so sounds like it may depend on which one you get and/or who is managing/maintaining them, though all are relatively new. We had very good luck and were more than satisfied.

8. Re: Large family reunion house rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 16, 2009