We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palace Resort?

Quebec
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
The Palace Resort?

We might be booking at the Palace resort and I've noticed that the reviews are at each end of the spectrum, that is they are either really good or really bad!

Exactly how bad is the building or does it really depend on the room you get?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Palace Resort?

I think you have to be very careful when a resort has far more terrible reviews than anyother rating also in my opinion it is in the least desirable location in MB.

Quebec
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Palace Resort?

And what about the Patricia Grand Or Breakers Boutique (right beside Patricia Grand)?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Palace Resort?

I really like that area but the Breakers tower is 7 blocks from the main resort and you might not like that.

Quebec
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Palace Resort?

I don't mind not being near all the action, we are going for the beach mostly! This is just the first time we attempt to rent a condo and there are soooo many to choose from!!!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Palace Resort?

If you want to be in a little quieter or more "family friendly" area. also look a little further south (3-4 miles) to the Surfside and Garden City Beach areas. They advertise as being "The Family Beach".

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Palace Resort?

I just stayed at the palace resort last week and I'll tell you that it is my least favorite place to stay so far. Housekeeping is terrible, the clean towels and sheets were still dirty with stains on them. The rooms have mold in them, please book somewhere else or you will regret it.

Gastonia, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Palace Resort?

The Palace Resort was the last hotel we ever stayed in at the beach. It was so bad that I told my husband that if we coming to the beach every year he needed to find us a decent place to stay. We now own a timeshare (well as much as you can ever own one). This place was HORRIBLE and has been for a very long time!

Goochland, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Palace Resort?

We have stayed there 3 times. We just checked out this morning after a week long stay. We have also stayed at a couple others. The Palace get's our repeat business. It takes forever for the elevators sometimes, but there are hundreds of guests and should be expected! Tell them your preference is for a lower floor and the elevator won't be much of a wait to get back down.

The best way to reserve a room is by calling them, you will get better rates than their website.

Free breakfast, don't be sold on that, waffle house has more flavor! (so does a bag of rice with extra soy sauce lol)

Our rooms have always been clean, housekeeping will call and check to see if you need anything if you have your "do not disturb" sign up.

We stay there every time we go (unless we take our dog)! Our biggest complaint is the elevator wait.

9. Re: The Palace Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach