We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

august travels looking for the best resort

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
august travels looking for the best resort

looking for a honeymoon place in myrtle beach, on the beach and walking distance to nightlife and resturants. Please direct me our honeymoon will be in August 2013.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
800 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: august travels looking for the best resort

Congrats. Myrtle Beach is a very large and does require a car to enjoy it all. While the area between The Breakers and The Caribbean has some restaurants and bars within walking distance, you are again limiting yourself and some of them may not be your cup of tea. Another advantage to this area is it is a short drive to Broadway at the Beach which has a very good nightlife and offers what you may be looking for. Look around the area of 21st Ave North Ocean Blvd. and going North for good options.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: august travels looking for the best resort

Caribbean is a fine hotel in a great location. Right next door is the Sea Captains restaurant and after that is private residences for almost 2 miles so the beach area is a bit quieter.

The Breakers has 4 to 5 different towers, all located in a few blocks of each other.Someone on here might be able to direct you to the one which would be more suited for you. Most all the Breakers properties are in walking distance to bars and restaurants.

I would be sure to tell the hotel that you are on your honeymoon.Insist on an A or premier rated unit as all units are individually owned and some are updated while some are not.Ask for a balcony that has a great view and is not blocked by other buildings.Get ocean front if possible.

While you can walk to some things I would still recommend having a car.A trip to Murrell's Inlet at night would be romantic if you go to one of the restaurants on the marshwalk..

Hope everything goes well for you.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
514 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: august travels looking for the best resort

Both are good choices, but further north is the Anderson resort. Location isn't as good as Breakers or Caribbean but little more upscale accomodations. Tonymik is correct that a car might be advisable: there are so many things and places worth exploring that are out of walking distance

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: august travels looking for the best resort

I would look int The Anderson which is moreCgeared for adults with an onsite spa. The Caribbean which is my favorite resort and The Breakers. All will allow you to walk to many good restaurants, Bars and attractions and all will place you a very short cab ride to Broadway at the Beach which has many restaurants, clubs, shopping,entertainment,etc. If you don't need to be within walking distance then I would add Island Vista and Royale Palms

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,425 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: august travels looking for the best resort

I was going to suggest Island Vista as well. Can't walk to anything, but still in a very nice, quiet, lovely area. The grounds are very nice and well kept. Smaller hotel too....not overrun with little kids like Breakers or Caribbean might be. More of a "honeymoon" place....imo. Look at Anderson too.

6. Re: august travels looking for the best resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2014