We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Millbury, OH
Level Contributor
23 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Our teens (16 and 18) are bringing friends along on our MB vacation in July. Trying to keep dinner costs down for their benefit but want good, filling meals. I have seen Golden Corral is nearby Kingston Plantation. Any other good "local" family-style restaurants in the area where we can get the most for our dollar?

Millbury, OH
Level Contributor
23 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Wow! Lots of great replies. Thanks! Will definitely check out those options.

Millbury, OH
Level Contributor
23 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Are early bird specials advertised, or do you just know where to go? How do I find these deals or do most restaurants offer them? Thanks so much for your help!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Buy a local newspaper and look for eat out coupons. Generally better than the coupon books.

Five Guys and International Hamburger both have very good burgers and the french fry orders are LARGE.

Hudson, OH
Level Contributor
46 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

We just returned from NMB with our 5 kids. One night I ordered 4 large pizzas from Benito's in NMB. I got them carryout so I didn't have to leave tip or buy beverages. Total was $54 and we had enough leftover for lunch one day. We also cooked in one night and did some other carryout meals. The carryout route is good if you purchase some beverages at Kroger. It always helps to not have to leave that 18-20% tip and I noticed beverages were in the $3 range. When you add that all up it's a good bargain to do carryout.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Prossers BBQ was $8.95 for lunch including beverage last year.

Find all the coupon books when you arrive and flip through it to find the early bird specials.

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Another option is a light easy breakfast followed by some non-water activities then have a big lunch out. That way, you've got the rest of the day at the beach and/or pool without having to worry about coming in and getting ready to go out for dinner at a specific time. That's what we do. It makes the day feel longer since we aren't having to watch our time in the water. Dinner is left over lunch ( prob not with teens!) , sandwiches, anything easy that each person can fix for themselves. Just a thought :-)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

I agree with River City Cafe.

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

I second Hamburger Joes.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

Here are my suggestions for eating cheaply:

Buy some restaurant.com vouchers.

Watch groupon, living social, and sweetjack for restaurants deals. Right now sweetjack has 50% off Ryan's gift cards.

sweetjack.com/gift-cards/…buffetsinc-1

nc
Level Contributor
211 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Need to feed hungry teenagers on $10/pp budget

K&W will give everyone in your party a choice. Stop by some of the local grocery stores. I have bought some great cooked rotisserie chicken and fried chicken. Pick up some cold salads and you have a great meal. Can't go wrong with pizza. Check the coupon books for some discounts.