We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

Marion, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

If you were going to choose one of the two activities to do as a family (kids are 8, 12, and 14), which would you choose and why?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

My son is 8 and he enjoys Family Kingdom more than NASCAR Speedpark.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
543 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

There's more variety of activities at Family Kingdom.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

Family Kingdom, tons of variety, fun for all ages too.

Sistersville, West...
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

We've been to both and our kids (15 boy, 14 girl) picked NASCAR speedpark for this year. Of course when we did go to Family Kingdom, they just wanted to ride the gocarts.

NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

I guess it depends on your kids experiences.

Mine regularly went to Six Flags GA, Hershey and Dorney Park as youngsters.

Family Kingdom was good up until about 10 maybe but started to bore them quickly at that age.

At 12 and 15, NASCAR would be their preference of the 2 but even that only lasts 4 maybe 5 hours at most depending on how hot it is and the length of the lines.

My kids still like the waterparks (Myrtle Waves, Wild Water) and they seem to offer the best value as far keeping them occupied the longest.

The water parks aren't an option at night though, which surprises me, I would think they would do well.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

If it is during the day, Wild Water & Wheels would be my suggestion: http://www.wild-water.com/

If you are going in the evening, I would suggest Family Kingdom... I love rollercoasters more than gokarts.

BamBam186, I agree, the water parks should stay open later!!!

... I just checked the water park hours for Wild Water & Wheels - it is open till 9PM on Fridays but only 6PM on the other days... odd.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

The 8 year old may be a bit young to fully enjoy the SpeedPark depending on height. The older ones will probably love it though. As far as the rides at Family Kingdom, there are a wide variety but it would be hard to say which ones would be enjoyable without knowing the kids. I have one that would ride anything there at age 9 and one that stayed away from some of the rides until age 12. Now at 11 and 14 they both ride everything at Carowinds so Family Kingdom is a bit tame for them now.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

I agree 12 and 14 would like driving while the 8 year old would probably like Family kingdom better.

9. Re: Nascar Speedpark or Family Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach