We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

I am from Maryland and I love........love crabcakes.

Where can I get an official LUMP Meat Crab Cake. I don't like the ones with all the breading. I want "real" crab meat a nice size that all I would need is a salad to fill me up.

Any suggestions?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

I really think some of the best crab cakes here in MB can be found at Phillips Seafood....and they have just opened up the Phillip Seafood Market here at the restaurant...which is really neat. If you want more of a deli style seating and service, plus you can purchased seafood (and crabcakes) to make at home!

:)

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

I love Phillips. They have those all over where I live. I guess I wouldn't be able to go wrong with that one.

I just looked at their website and it's on 21st Avenue. Is that near the Breakers 21st Avenue or in another area.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

The Breakers is along the oceanfront on 21st Ave N...you'd just jump on 21st and go as far as you can go (past Braodway at the Beach) and Phillips is right there across the street from Nascar.

Enjoy!

:)

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

I also would have to suggest Phillips. This recipe was just featured in our Coastal Carolina Dining Magazine from Phillips...

Ocean City Crab Cakes-serves 4

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1 teaspoon Phillips seafood seasoning

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 egg

2 teaspoons chopped parsley

1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers

1 pound Phillips jumbo lump crabmeat

Clarified butter

In a large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire, egg, parsley & crackers. Fold in crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps. Form into 4 cakes and saute in clarified butter about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

ENJOY!!!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

Go to this site for a free crab dip appetizer from Phillips...

http://www.phillipsseafood.com/e_coupon.htm

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

I just thought of something else... I have had wonderful crabcakes at Chestnut Hill. They have wonderful food. The filet is fabulous as well!

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

Where is Chestnut Hill? We are staying at the Breakers Paradise.

Thanks for the recipe, I have a few up my sleeves. Here is another good one, similar to the one you provided.

1 container of "Jumbo Lump Crab Meat" (No special meat, no backfin meat and no claw meat)

1/2 onion sauteed in butter

1/2 green pepper sauted in the butter as well

3 teaspoons of mayonaise (no Miracle Whip)

2-3 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard (Grey Pupon is the best)

a few pinches of flour

Old Bay Seasoning to taste.

You can use a beaten egg if you like

Just mix together the sauteed onions and green peppers, mayonaise, mustard in a bowl. Fold in with your hands or rubber spatula the lump crab meat, not breaking a part the meat. Dust your hands in the flour and make balls of crab cakes. You can pan fry these in "vegetable oil" turning only one time, once the first side is golden brown somewhat dark brown or broil them in the oven. The best tasting thing in the world (to me)

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

That recipe sounds great as well! Thanks! Chestnut Hill is located at 9922 Hwy. 17 North (a little north of Restaurant Row but before Red Loster). It is a wonderful restaurant. They do a fabulous Sunday brunch as well. Check out their website at www.chestnuthilldining.com. Enjoy!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

Phillips is basically and extension of Maryland, so there will be no surprises. During a golf weekend, we ate at Crabcatchers in Little River. One of my buds had crab cakes there and said they were the best ever (though he is from Denver...not too many crabs running around there). Blue crabs at Crabcatchers are fantastic...takes patience and work to get all the meat out, but well worth it!

Myrtle beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Crab Cakes in Myrtle Beach

Let me tell you Phillips in Myrtle Beach gives Phillips that I have been to in Ocean City Maryland a REAL bad name. I live her and went there 3 times each time giving them the benefit but it wasnt up to par i use to LOVE Phillips but i dont know why down here it isnt good. Dont compare Maryland Seafood to Myrtle Beach because you will be disappointed like when I moved down here . A couple of local spots that have Great crabcakes and seafood.. Boulavskys Grill is a sure favorite geart local spot they food is amazing it is in the Carolina Forest shopping center with Krogers The scallops and Shrimp pastas are out of this world!!! Also A good place for Steamed crabs or crab cakes is a small place in murrels inlet called Backfins, the service can be a little lacking but the crabs are true Maryland style the Owners are from Baltimore!!!!