We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brookgreen gardens

Benton, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Brookgreen gardens

Is there a designated smoking area in Brookgreen gardens?

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brookgreen gardens

I could be be wrong, but I've never seen anyone smoking at brookgreen, I figure the whole place is non-smoking.

you might be able to get away with it in the parking lot.

To go through the gardens is a few hours, hopefully a person can go that long without needing a smoke :)

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brookgreen gardens

Unless it is not enforced, I don't think the gardens are non-smoking nor are there designated areas. I was just there on Mother's Day and someone was smoking a cigar near one of the restrooms. Plus, I have been there for the summer concert series with people smoking all around. I wish the gardens were non-smoking :( Just be kind to other non-smoking patrons and try to find a more secluded area such as the back wall near the rice fields.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,451 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brookgreen gardens

I too can't recall seeing people smoking there. Smoking rules in SC vary from municipality to municipality. Some places are "no smoking in any public place" (ie - the entire Charleston area) and some others allow "designated smoking" like maybe in the outdoor seating of a restaurant and some have very few rules.

Besides, smoking kills you.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Benton, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brookgreen gardens

Thank you all so much for responding!

5. Re: Brookgreen gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach