We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Olmsted, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Traveling with family...kids 13, 18 & 21.. where is best area to stay, Shore Drive (near Apache Pier) or on the strip by the ferris wheel.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
620 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Best place near Apache Pier is Kingston Plantation. There are many accommodation options there. We like Royale Palms the best.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

My wife and I enjoy the Shore Dr area. We like to stay at A Place at the Beach III. It's near the end of Shore Drive. The beach is a little less crowed because across the street is a salt water marsh.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Take a look at the resorts north of 21st on Ocean Blvd. They will allow you and the teens to walk to many restaurants and attraction such as Boardwalk ,piers, skywheel, ripleys ,slingshot, free concerts ,funhoses ,etc. Also you will be very lose to Broadway at the beach which is the #1 attraction in MB. Take a look at The Breakers, Camelot, Best Western Carolinian, Dayton House, and favorite The Caribbean.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

I second Kingston Plantation. It has everything you need right at the resort and it is an easy walk on the beach to Apache Pier. The kids will love the resort pools at the Embassy Suites and the Hilton both of which have found service, tiki bars, and live music and Ocean Annie's is also right down the beach. You will need a car anyway to visit most attractions (I would not want to walk to Broadway At The Beach) so staying at Kingston does not put you at a disadvantage and it is very close to Restaurant Row, Barefoot Landing and the Tanger outlet mall.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
911 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Kids 13, 18, 21...Trust what Lenk58 stated...While Kingston Plantation is nice....There are not a lot of "diversions" for those young adults....They will have to drive everywhere. Staying in the area around 21st ave will allow them to walk to quite few spots where young adults gather and Broadway at the Beach is very close as well....Anyone of those resorts thant Lenk mentioned you should look into.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

What I find curious about the constant push from some on this forum to stay at the resorts north of 21st, is no consideration of price is ever discussed.

Just for fun I priced out a similar stay at the Caribbean to my vacation at A Place at the Beach III on Shore Dr. For those interested, here are the results.

We are staying at A Place at the Beach III in late July. Two bedroom, ocean front condo, with 2 baths, full kitchen and living room with a pull out sofa. The condo will sleep six. Total cost just over $2,000.

At the Caribbean the lest expensive option is an ocean view room with two queens, a bath and a small fridge. Total cost $3,659.

To stay in a similar unit to what we have at A Place at the Beach, we would be across the street and paying about $5,300.

For a two bedroom ocean front condo (our accommodations at A Place at the Beach III) we would be spending $7,300 at the Caribbean.

$5,300 more!

What's great about Myrtle Beach is that there are plenty of options. The resort properties really do look nice, but other options are just as viable and in some cases preferred. The area around Shore Drive is very nice and probably a bit more laid back (unless you want to visit Ocean Annie's, which I highly recommend).

Just trying to post a different opinion from the conventional wisdom.

YMMV

Edited: 9:42 am, April 29, 2013
Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Funny because I priced units at The Caribbean for 8 nights from July 20 thru Julty 28th. There are no 2 bdrm units available but a 1 bedroom direct oceanfront is $264 per night and the 3 bedroom direct oceanfront is $407 pernight. So to spend $7300 you woukld have to be staying 18 nights in the 3 bedroom and 27 nights in the 1 bedroom.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

I must not be doing something right when I go to the website Lenk. I was curious about the resort so I went to the Caribbean website and this was the rates I got for July 27 through August 3. Here's the 2 bedroom listing.

Ocean Front 2 Bedroom Condo

Our Oceanfront 2 Bedroom Condos come with a bedroom with 2 Double beds and a master bedroom with 1 king bed which has its own private bathroom and read more

*20% Off Discount*

from $1,048.65/day

SELECT

*10% Off Discount

from $1,151.82/day

SELECT

Internet Rate

from $1,315.98/day

SELECT

I must be doing something wrong when I'm looking for rates on their website.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Funny I just looked at a 2 bedroom direct oceanfront for those exact days. rhe rate was 349 per day. Maybe you are putting in for 3 nights instead of a daily rate.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach

Sorry, but for anyone reading this thread, I want to clarify my previous posts.

I must have typed something wrong on my original inquiry form from the Caribbean. After Lenk responded to my post with MUCH different rates, I went back and got a new rate quote. It was a VERY different quote and I only could get:

OF Suite - 2-Doubles - Dominican Tower $269.86 per day. Which is VERY competitive with the rate I'm paying at A Place at the Beach.

And at that rate, it really does come down to personal preferences. The Caribbean Resort has a lot going for it. While I prefer a more quite setting, for many people, especially people with kids, the Caribbean looks like a great choice.

Sorry again for the confusion!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach