We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

My travel profile is changing slightly; previously my husband and I would travel to surf and get off he beaten path with the locals. With the recent arrival of our son we are anxious to travel again, but understand our trips will be different and a little more budget conscious. We are able to get affordable direct flights to Myrtle Beach, but wonder if there'll be enough to keep everyone happy.

We would be going at the beginning of May. I know we'll be able to get in some beach time (keeping our son out of the sun), but what else is there to do there? Would renting a condo be the best option? What particular area should we focus on?

Thanks in advance!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

I personally like renting condos in the north side of Surfside Beach which is known as the Family Beach.

What do you do with your 2 month old at home? I imagine you could do the similar activities in the MB area...

Any chance grandparents could vacation with you? If so, maybe they could babysit for an afternoon / evening?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

Never heard Surfside Beach being called Family Beach. You can rent a condo in a hotel. A one bedroom would be a good idea. Most hotels will have them. I would look at the area from around 55th Ave North, and up....and even North Myrtle Beach too. I hope you plan on renting a car! Go to Broadway at the Beach and also Barefoot Landing (with stroller of course!) These are nice entertainment, restaurant, shopping complexes. They are pretty much the same...I prefer Broadway (easier parking and walking around...just my opinion) Have fun!!

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

http://www.bflanding.com/

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

beachlady3 "Never heard Surfside Beach being called Family Beach."

I remember Surfside Beach being called the Family Beach as long as I can remember... It is refereed to as "The Family Beach" on most Its advertisements. (And on the website)

http://www.surfsidebeach.org/

In my experience, it is mostly families in the north side of Surfside Beach. I find the area between Surfside Beach Pier and Garden City Pier seems to be less family-like.

4. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, April 25, 2013
Myrtle Beach, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

Brookgreen Gardens is nice too

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

I would think a 1 bedroom condo would be great. Early May is not overcrowwded so you can pick any area and not worry about being overcrodwded. If you would like to walk with the little one take a look at Best Western Carolinian, Dayton House, The Anderson, Camelot, The Breakers and my favorite which is The Caribbean. They are in different price ranges so you should find something meeting your needs. You will be able to walk to many restaurants and attractions and won't have to move the baby in and out of the car.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

For as long as I've been going to Surfside Beach, it has been known as the family beach.

8. Re: Active Parents travelling with 2 month old for first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 01, 2014