We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where in myrtle for young seniors?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
7 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
where in myrtle for young seniors?

we want to know what part of myrtle is best for us. we are young retirees, don't like crowds or screaming kids, what part of myrtle (north, south, central ,etc) do you suggest. thanks

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

In all honesty I would have to say Forest Dunes Hotel in the Northern section of Myrtle Beach around 55th.I say this for a couple of reasons, 1. No water park 2. Behind the hotel is a nice quiet residential neighborhood 3.Large room and balcony sizes,all of which are non-smoking 4. Has no where near the traffic flow as the central and Southern areas . 5. No high-rises on either side ofthe hotel only 2 and 3 story low rises

Be sure to ask for a premier rated unit.From the 6th floor on up the views are excellent.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

That...or....go to North Myrtle Beach. Maybe Cherry Grove section. And...go off season. (not in Summer) Mid-late summer to early October is GREAT!

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
623 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

I agree with beachlady. North Myrtle Beach - Windy Hill or Cherry Grove section is less crowded, more residential, but still very close to everything. We have tried other sections of the Grand Strand and always return to North Myrtle.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

Agreed, I would definitely avoid staying in Myrtle Beach proper. In addition to the North Myrtle beaches mentioned above, you should consider Surfside and Garden City beaches to the south. Much more laid back, yet still within easy driving distance to any destination in Myrtle if you want to go there. You might also consider Pawley's Island and Litchfield Beach, which are even more quiet and uncrowded.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

We like Surfside/Garden City beaches. Not as crowded yet very close to the sites in MB.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

Off season would be your best bet. Do you have any idea when you want to visit and what kind of things you are hoping to do?

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

If you are going during summer, I would suggest Surfside Beach, or further south... (Garden City, Pawleys Island)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
7 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

thank you for everyone's help. We are heading down this weekend, rented a condo in North Myrtle Beach - Windy Hill. keeping our fingers crossed that we will get good weather. :)

9. Re: where in myrtle for young seniors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 19, 2014