We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this worth a 2-3 day drive?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal,canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Is this worth a 2-3 day drive?

We're from Canada & thinking of going to Myrtle beach this summer. We would be driving for 2-3 days each way & staying for 1 week. We have 3 small kids (8 & under) . Is it worth the trek and hassle (those of you who have driven with kids would probably know best).

Thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this worth a 2-3 day drive?

I come from Michigan, about 900 miles, I believe Montreal is about a 1000 miles. I leave at about 6 pm, I have 3 kids and prefer to travel at night while they are sleeping, and I stop at a rest area and sleep for an hour or two and get to Myrtle at about 11 am. I think it is worth it, but the North and South part of the beaches are the more family oriented. Myrtle Beach proper is a college party area. You can get some good deals by visiting resort web sites and looking at there specials, also be cautious some of the hotels are not kept up that well.

Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this worth a 2-3 day drive?

Oh I forgot to add, we stayed at the Crown Reef and my kids absolutely loved it, the nicest pools and lazy river, they are running specials on there website for efficiency rooms on there web site.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach