We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for it all

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunburypa
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for it all

I am planning to visit M.B. this June for the first time.We are flying from PA and will have no car.I've been researching resorts to find the perfect fit for our family of nine.We like to be near the action (great restaurants,shops,various activities,etc.) and would like a place with a great pool,lazy river,slides etc.Any suggestions?We would prefer to walk most places Thanks!

Grafton...
Level Contributor
154 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for it all

You have to rent a car or you will only be able to see a small section of the area. A lot of the hotels in Myrtle are old. Do your research well. I would personally not stay in either one that you have mentioned, but that's just me. North Beach Plantation is the newest, and also expensive. Marriott Ocean Watch is another nice one. Please rent a car unless your not a driver or you will spend a fortune on cab fare.

Enjoy!

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for it all

The Caribbean is very nice but is not close enough to the boardwalk or any activities... If you have kids you may want to really consider the Breakers... It is always our first choice.... it is in the middle of everything... you can have a short walk to the boardwalk to places to eat or a short taxi ride to Boardwalk at the beach.. but like everyone said you really do need a car....

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for it all

The Cayman Tower in the Caribbean has nicer accomodations and it also has better wateer features. I also like thefacy that it's the l;ast resort so you have more beach room and in front is not as congested as Breakers.

Myrtle Beach
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for it all

Moved here from PA four ago's with a son with ADHD so had to find somewhere to live where everything was easily accessible for him as he cant drive. Best place, stay in the restaurant row area. Nice gated condo complex real close to 17 at Savannah Shores or stay on the beach at the Sands with Ocean Annies beach bar on the beach. The resorts around the sands which include the hilton have a shuttle service so if you want to pop off the beach for restaurants/bars/nightclubs, services like hairdressers, sub shops and grocery store, also a mall at colonial mall and a walmart complex all within 1 mile of the sands/hilton resorts and the shuttle takes you there and back. The area has a facebook page at https:/…MyrtleBeachRestaurantRow which is updated daily with whats happening food and drink wise. I believe they intend to expand th page to cover all the businesses in that area of myrtle beach

Myrtle Beach
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for it all

ps restaurant row is just a mile or so from barefoot landing, the other toruisty sport being broadway at the beach which would be about 15 minutes south of restaurant row which is a mile or so stretcch between the city of myrtle beach and the city of north myrtle beach, ps the kids would love biminis oyster bar

16. Re: Looking for it all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, April 25, 2013
17. Re: Looking for it all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 27, 2014