We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey Bay or Landmark

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Monterey Bay or Landmark

For various reasons, we have it narrowed down to the Monterey Bay or Landmark for a week in July. I have no experience with either property, so I'm hoping for some thoughts on the two. Could anyone help? Thanks.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

I have not stayed in either,however, in my opinion there is no comparsion in location. Monterrey is in a much better area then Landmark.The area around the Landmark is not great with older rundown and even some abondoned properties and the residential area doesn't compare to that around Monterrey.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
514 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

Never been to Monterey, but based on a previous visit to Landmark I would second what lenk58 said. Landmark is in definite need of some refreshing. Decent water ameneties but the rooms are not in the greatest shape and the parking is a little awkward. It's not an absolute dump, don't get me wrong, but there are certainly better choices out there.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

I also agree with that the area around Monteray Bay is more desirable.Less crowded but easy drive to all the major roads.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,425 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

Another vote for Monterey Bay.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

We've stayed in both, and for a July visit hands down Monterey Bay Suites! We'll be staying there for the third year in a row in August. Unbeatable price and the best location on the beach. If you do stay at Monterey Bay, be aware that the parking garage is a challenge. If you know that going in, then you'll love the place.

6. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, March 27, 2013
Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

Monterey bay, it's a nicer hotel, and located on a better area of the beach, it's away from the riff raf and run down motels on the west side of ob

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

I would go with Montery Bay .... We stayed at Landmark years ago and I would not do that again and they have had renovations since then... so my vote is Montery Bay

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

Booked the Monterey Bay (July 3-9). Thanks for all your help. Will probably be busy, but we figured it might be fun for us Canadians to see the July 4th celebrations!

10. Re: Monterey Bay or Landmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2014