We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Way too many options...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Way too many options...

Hi, hoping for some assistance with plans for 4th of July weekend! I know places are starting to book up and many are implementing five night minimums (we want to come 3rd to 7th) so I am trying to hurry and pick a hotel. I'm coming with my Mom and sister and we need a hotel on the beach, preferably with an ocean view, for hopefully around $175 max per night. Would really love one with a tiki/pool bar.

There seem to be many hotels that fit that criteria, but the rooms all look so dingy. Was looking at Dayton House, and it looks great on their website, but the guest photos on TripAdvisor turned me away real quick. Springmaid looks nice but is just too pricey. Hampton Inn & Suites has great reviews and pics but has a five night minimum. The Breakers seems popular, but rooms don't look consistent so I don't know what we'd get, and also since it is so big I feel like it will be insanely packed. I guess we are more drawn towards a hotel so there would hopefully be a consistency in decor and the room would not be dated, but I am just not finding anything I am excited about. Thinking of just going with the Best Western Plus Grand Strand or Best Western Carolinian as they seem nice. No dining or bar on site though. It's a tough trade off, I really want both.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any you may have in advance!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Way too many options...

Would like to come back and thank everyone for the assistance! We loved the Hilton! There are a lot of negative reviews, which scared me, but we had a blast and I would totally go back. For anyone else who is hesitating on staying at the Hilton please see my review for more info. Thank you all again!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Way too many options...

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g54359-d1119…

Here is the link to my review

13. Re: Way too many options...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 30, 2014