We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast recomm.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast recomm.

Looking for a tasty breakfast place in Myrtle Beach that has a more multi-culture atmosphere. I have went into a couple and felt very uncomfortable by being the only patrons of our racea nd was ignored by waitresses, so we left.

So any positive breakfast places, known please advise.

Thanks.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast recomm.

In North Myrtle, Dino's, Tar Baby's and Harry's. Then there's Cracker Barrel and several other good ones. I know there's a Harry's in Myrtle too.

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast recomm.

I always enjoy Mammy's Kitchen next to the Pavilion parking garage. Good breakfast buffet and inexpensive.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast recomm.

Magnolia's on Ocean Blvd along with Sea Captain's House also on Ocean Blvd both do a FANTASTIC breakfast. Magnolia's is great for lunch also. Enjoy!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast recomm.

May I ask what race? Not trying to be rude.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast recomm.

Yes, you may.

African-Americans and we were at one of the Pancake houses on North Kings Highway. I won't mention the name. But, after my husband and I sat for a moment and waitresses continue to walk past us we decided we were not welcomed.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast recomm.

Sorry to hear that...you must have happened upon a red-necky attitude. I would hope that most places in Myrtle Beach don't treat you that way.

The Sea Captain's House serves a nice breakfast & is a classy place so hopefully their employees would treat everyone with respect.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
77 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast recomm.

I know exactly the race issue you are talking about. Our children are Indian and have found that not everyone is always welcoming. We have always had great luck at the House of Blues in Barefoot Landing for all meals.Tthe gospel brunch is always a nice treat if you are looking for something a little different. Otherwise, it unfortunately seems to be a little hit and miss. We also had a horrid experience at the Cracker Barrell - our waitress did everything possible to not service us.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast recomm.

I too apologize for that type of ignorance! A few places I would suggest (and ditto) is Magnolia's and Sea Captains...both excellent choices. A few others (both on Kings Hwy, so I am hoping it was neither of them) would be Harry's Pancake House at 24th Ave N and Kings, or Akels located at 64th Ave N and Kings.

I have never had the chance to do the Gospel Brunch at HOB, but heard it is good, and the music a real treat!

:)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast recomm.

Thanks, everyone for you replies.

Let's just say the place exterior is on green and white with a Cabin like look to it before you get to Bennett's.

I think we will try Sea Captain and we are undecided about Mammy's. We have eaten at The Waffle House, IHOP and The House of Blues-Saturday continously, The HOB is satisfactory but we are getting a little tired of it and want to try something new. We travel to myrtle beach about twice a month because we are only 1-hr away and wanted to try something new.

Maybe we will try HOB for Sunday Brunch.

Thanks again, everyone.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast recomm.

Tar Baby's in North Myrtle Beach is vastly popular. Buffet is great as is ordering off of menu.