We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

We are looking at both of these properties for the end of April. I found a really good price for the Holiday Inn and am leery about it being too good to be true.

Any thoughts on either of these properties?

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

Research the Holiday Inn. Maybe others will have more details but I'm thinking the "Holiday Inn' Pavilion isn't part of the large Holiday Inn chain. Thinking there were law suits about the use of the name but was ruled in MB motel's favor. Might explain the super low rates for a "Holiday Inn.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

I've done some research on it, and you are correct it's not part of the chain. I've read the reviews on this site and they are mixed. We are looking for an oceanfront room, close to restaurants for evening meals/drinks. My husband and I enjoy the beach and just looking for a clean room with fridge, microwave and the ability to get a good nights sleep. We will be there for approx. 6 nights.

I am hoping that someone has some experience with both and can recommend which one they prefer and why.

sudbury,ontario
Level Contributor
334 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

we stayed at the Roxanne last year in March and loved it so much that we are going back in 52 more sleeps.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,425 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

Of the two, Roxanne gets better reviews.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

We have decided against the Holiday Inn. What restaurants are nearby or within walking distance? Does anyone know if the Roxanne has bbq's available? Is there anything else that we should know about this property or area that's not in the reviews or website info?

We are looking forward to a few days of sun and sand!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

The Roxanne will allow you to walk to many attractions, Boardwalk, Piers, Skywheel, Ripley's, more then a dozen restaurants, and several bars like Bummz on the beach. Good luck you will have a great time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

Thanks lenk58. We are really looking forward to it and happy to hear it's in a great location as well.

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

We have never stayed at the Holiday Inn Pavilion, but we stayed at the Roxanne Towers once, and we didn't care for it, so I could not recommend it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

What didn't you like about it? Was it your unit? Location? Staff?

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roxanne Towers or Holday Inn Pavilian?

Housewench -- you asked what in particular we didn't like about the Roxanne Towers. Well, pretty much all of the things that you mentioned, with the possible exception of the location, which really wasn't bad. However, we did not care for the units themselves, and considering the fact that whenever we stayed there the Roxanne Towers was still a relatively new property, they seemed to be poorly maintained and were already showing serious signs of wear and tear. Also, we did not care for the staff, and all in all, we did not think that they did a very good job of cleaning the unit. One day we were all but kicked out by one of the cleaning staff, who was very irate that we had not yet left our unit for the morning. Mind you, we realize that they have a job to do, but I was nursing the end of a very bad head cold that I had come into town with, and so I wasn't quite ready to leave our unit for the day. So whenever we told her that the only thing that we required from her for the day were some clean towels, she insisted that she had to get into the unit. We complied with her request. However, whenever we came back to our unit a few hours later, absolutely nothing looked as if it had been touched in the cleaning dept., and so we were not quite sure why she had been so darned insistent in gaining admittance to our unit that morning. Whatever.... We only stayed there once, so perhaps things have changed there. However, suffice it to say, that we were dissatisfied with it enough that we never went back to try it again. There are too many other nicer places in M.B. to stay. Seriously, though, check out the reviews here for both the Caribbean, as well as for the Island Vista, and you will see that the majority of the reviews have been very good ones. Good luck to you wherever you decide to stay!