We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation with older teens and young children

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
myrtle beach
3 posts
Save Topic
Family Vacation with older teens and young children

Wanting to go to beach during my older sons spring break. I know prices will be higher and more crowds. I'm trying to find activities for the older boys other than just the beach. Any sugestions would be very helpful. Also if you could reccomend a place to stay, we really neeed a kitchen our lodging.

Thanks

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,016 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Vacation with older teens and young children

When is your sons Spring Break? It won't be that much higher, certainly less than summer anyway. Sounds like you would need a 2 or 3 bedroom condo...which will have a kitchen. Look into Dunes Village, Carribbean Resort or Breakers Resort. All get good reviews. ,

myrtle beach
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Vacation with older teens and young children

thank you,we are looking to be in myrtle beach 3/28/13-4/3/13. Can you reccomend anything for adrenaline junkies?

south jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Vacation with older teens and young children

Sheraton Broadway Plantation is not right on the beach but close and offers condos. Has a Lazy river and activities on site and close to broadway at the beach.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Vacation with older teens and young children

Dunes Village is a nice resort but it is geared for small children and you will find lots of them. Also it's not within walking distance of restaurants or attractions. Take a look at The Caribbean which has the best water amenities on the strip and will allow you to walk to many attractions( Piers, Skywheel, Ripley's,sling shot,boardwalk,etc), bars and restaurants. Also look at the Breakers, Camelot and Best Western Carolinuian. They are also very near to Broadway at the beach(1.5 miles)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Vacation with older teens and young children

I like Ultimate California Pizza Kitchen's arcade. There are games for everyone from little kids to adults. The food's good. And I believe they offer refreshing liquor beverages, too. So, it's a good place for both older teens, young children and adults.

6. Re: Family Vacation with older teens and young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2014