We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach in November?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach in November?

Hi there, my husband and I are going with our two daughters, ages 5 and 2, to Myrtle Beach next thrusday (Nov 15) to spend the weekend. I checked the weather and it looks like it will be around 60's F with chance of rain. What is there to do with kids, in cold and rain weather? I really appreciate any help!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach in November?

60's is not really "bad weather". It can be nice enough to walk on the beach if not actually raining. My experience here over the years is that it usually only rains briefly, then stops. Winds shift so regularly here that it helps to prevent rain from setting in for days at a time, IMO. Staying at a property with indoor pools is a plus. There are several restaurants that have particular appeal to children. If it really does turn to heavy rain, then it is like home-- you are sort of stuck with it.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach in November?

Weather permitting, the annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Broadway At The Beach will be Saturday at 6PM and a large fireworks show following.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,038 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach in November?

Still too early to tell just how much rain you might get. We were there that same time/weekend last year. On Monday it said rain for the weekend...but come weekend...it was gorgeous! Anyway..you can still go to Broadway at the Beach or Barefoot Landing. Ripleys Aquarium is very nice. Hopefully your hotel has an indoor pool and maybe an arcade. Have fun no matter what the weather!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach in November?

Childrens Museam of South Carolina near the Convention Center is good for rainy days.

5. Re: Myrtle Beach in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 25, 2013