We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report early September

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report early September

Two weeks with great weather .Averaged about 87 deg. 1st week and about 84 deg. 2nd week. Perfect for sitting on balcony the 1st week, light jacket the 2nd week at night.

Breakfasts- Sea Captains House on Sundays (shrimp and grits on buffet ) worth every penny.

Eggs up Grill- a pleasant surprise

Legends( included with golf) - just average

Most breakfasts were in condo ,with many of mine very early because of golf.

Lunch

Legends( included with golf) much better than their breakfast.Pulled pork sandwich with fries was very tasty.Would recommend coming here for lunch even if your not playing golf.Nice view of course from dining room.

Dinners

Drunkin Jacks- Best dinner of trip.Shared the Grouper Royalle.Topped with crab meat and asparagus and a delicious sauce the grouper was perfect. Cost was $34. It was $5 extra to share but you got to go to the salad bar and were allowed to choose one side item.Ate too many hush puppies and honey butter.Wife enjoyed a Rum Runner with meal.Wait was about 20 minutes.

Haus Gasthaus - German potato salad and thinly sliced cucumber salad were awesome.Our meats were just okay.But if you have never been there you should try it.

Hamburger Joes- Stop here every trip.Hot wings,cheeseburger and fries.

Thorneys- Probably worst waiter of trip.Have eaten here before but he confused us when taking our order and we got no salad.The sweet potato fries were coated with lots and lots of sugar.Sent them back for a salad instead.Ribs were very good but portion was meager.Wifes steak was okay.

Thai Cuisenne- Great value and large portions. Ginger tea was excellent..Return stop every trip.

Capricio- Located in the Bi-Lo shopping mall on 38th.My eggplant parm was good and my wife had a special of scallops,shrimp and spinach over fettuchinne in a tasty sauce.At $18 it was a great value. Will return here.

Other dinners were at Barons, Captain Georges and Bonefish Grill.

Stayed at Forest Dunes.Nice and quiet area.Tremendous views from our 16th floor room.

Arlington, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report early September

Hows was Baron's?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report early September

Barons is small and dark on the inside.Have had good grouper there in the past,this time it was not on menu.The couple we went with had a special of filet mignon and crab cake ($34) and said the crab cake was lacking any crab flavor.I had a mixed seafood platter which was good. Can't remember what my wife had.Used restaurant.com coupon.Its a worthwhile deal with the coupon.

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report early September

For sure shrimp & grits was on the Sunday buffet table at the Sea Captains House or was it just on the menu? I will be visiting in 2 weeks and LOVE grits.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report early September

On the buffet,weekends only.The stone ground grits were also good.Ask for the Blue room.Great views of the ocean and right near the buffet.

5. Re: Trip Report early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 05, 2013