We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf at Myrtle Beach

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Golf at Myrtle Beach

Hi everyone

Greetings from N.Ireland.

Considering bringing my 70 year old dad to Myrtle Beach for a golfing holiday. He has never been to the US before, but I think he would really enjoy it. Any recommendations of where to play and stay. Thinking of visiting for 10 days in june. Any info very welcome.

Paul

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf at Myrtle Beach

Forest Dunes on 55th and Ocean in Myrtle Beach has 1-bedroom condos with great views from the 6th floor on up to the 11th. This is the area I would recommend because it is quiet and centrally located.Very easy access to all your major highways.Some other hotels in the area are Long Bay and Grande Shores.

At that time of the year you could either book your tee times over the phone which you can already do or hire a golf packager like Brian Noblin at Myrtle Beach Golf Desk.

Forest Dunes is 1 mile from Pine Lakes,3 miles from Myrtlewood and 4 miles from Grand Dunes golf courses.

Since all rounds come with carts included that should help your dad get around.Not knowing if you waant hard,easy,scenic,top of the line or mid-tier less expensive courses Ill give you some choices.

Top of the line,very scenic marsh courses=

Tidewater,Rivers Edge,Oyster Bay and Glen Dornach.

Avery scenic but less expensive marsh course is Pearl East.

Top tier & expensive=Kings North,Caledonia and Heritage.

Mid tier and less expensive but very enjoyable=

Pine Lakes,Witch,Myrtlewood,Arrow Head and Crow Creek.

Great Value= Possum Trot,Diamond Back and Indian Wells.

If you can narrow it down and tell me more precisely what your looking for in a course and what kind of money you want to spend Ican better answer your question.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf at Myrtle Beach

Hi tony thanks for the info. I am looking for some good value deals both for golf and accommodation. I have no idea about cost of green fees in Myrtle Beach but at home I would pay approx $50-$60 for a round on a decent course. Not top notch but ok course.

Would my dad be eligible for reduced rate?

A cart would be a good idea as he is not as fit as he once was.

Paul

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf at Myrtle Beach

Pull up www.otgmag.com for more info and toll free phone #s for the courses.

Will you be returning or is this a one and only time and you want to pley some of the best?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf at Myrtle Beach

There is a senor citizen org. and if you pay to join you and everyone in your group can get reduced rates but the drawback is that your tee times can be made no sooner than 48 hrs in advance.

Last summer a couple of golf course groups had 3 for one price deals. You could play Man O War,Wizzard and Witch for $109 Cart and green fee. Or Myrtlewood,Pine Lakes and choice of Tidewater or Grande Dunes for $158. Tidewater and Grande Dunes each are about $90 to $110 to play even at reduced summer rate.

Let me know if you have any trouble getting phone #s to schedule your tee times.

Hudson
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf at Myrtle Beach

Recommend that you review Heather Glen or

Glen Dornoch. You can review the courses

on their web site. You can also review

most of the courses in the MB area at

Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday web site.

For accomodations try vrbo.com

where you can rent directly from the owner.

Enjoy your vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday
Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday
1 Review
Myrtle Beach, SC