We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for hotel recommendation

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
looking for hotel recommendation

hi all, we are a family of 7 (3 adults 4 kids,14,13,11,and 6) heading to MB in late june. This will be our first time there and don't have a clue on where to stay. Here is what we are looking for.

ocean front

decent pool area

with in walking distance of a few places to get something to eat..pizza,subs, burgers stuff like that, doesn't have to be a great place, we can drive for that.

also be able to walk for some entertainment..mini golf, souvenir shops..stuff like that

thanks in advance

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

Go to MapQuest and zoom in on Myrtle Beach. Bulk of the attractions are between Rt 501 to the south and Rt 9 to the north. Place I recommend is up by Rt 9.

In North Myrtle Beach. Cherry Grove section. There is a condo building called Oceans.

Pool area may not be to your liking but Oceans fits the rest of your needs.

Nice sized pool is on the third floor over the parking building. No hot tubs or lazy river. But what the heck. Ya got the ocean.

Within walking distance of everything you would need. Stayed there once before and didn't move the car for first three days. Staying there again in May.

Direct across the street is Boulineau's IGA. Everything needed for beach trip all in one building. Surf shop, groceries, deli, prepared meals, hardware, fishing gear,...On the corner of the lot is a dairy bar for late night cones and shakes.

One block south to stoplight and Sea Mountain Highway. Your link to Rt 17.

In the first couple of blocks is a bakery for pies, Basil's Pizza, and Duffy's Seafood Shack. All "must visit" eatories. Other places in walking distance. Some closer than others. Atlantis, Captain's Plank, Biscuit Shack, and Tar Baby's.

On the same road is a bicycle rental, miniture golf, go-karts, and video arcade.

Except for the six year old your kids would be safe to have the run of the area. There should be a lot of kids around in that age group. Too old to hang with the folks but too young to drive.

Depending on traffic: By car.....Not walkng...approx. 20 minutes to Barefoot Landing. Maybe 30 to Broadway At The Beach.

You may be able to deal with them direct. I went through Elliott Realty.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

With this being the last year for the Pavilion I think I would have to suggest staying a bit closer to some of the local attractions, especially the Pavilion (amusement park). Check out some of the reviews off to the left...a few suggestions would be

The Breakers (Paradise Tower)

Coral Beach

Both of these places would have nearby "eats" and not far from a number of things to do.

To get your bearings you may want to check out the maps on

www.golymo.com

and for othre area info:

www.strandmagazine.com

and we cant forget restaurants

www.myrtlebeachrestaurants.com

:)

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

I agree with MBC about Coral Beach. It is nice and they have everything there. There is no need at all to even leave the hotel.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

thanks for the info. the coral beach doesn't have big enough rooms and paridise towers are book. although we can get a room in the breakers north tower, how is that hotle?

what about the new place, the sea island?anything in that area we could walk to....i wouldn't mind driving to the pavilain or broadway on the beach.

what about the sea watch....is that nice. and i read the its close enough to walk to barefoot landing. is that true?

thanks again

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

If you want to walk about 3 miles and over a busy section of 17 then its walkable but not by my account. Shorecrest,Ocean Creek and Beach cove are a walkable distance to Barefoot and also Hamburger Joes.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

Not too sure about the Breakers North Tower...you may want to look at some of the reviews at the left. Its a bit older than the Breakers - Paradise Tower, but still not a bad property. There is a plae you might check out, Carolina Grande, its pretty new (a Bluegreen Resort) its not oceanfront, but right across the street and in the same area as Breakers North.

As for the Sea Island being within walking distance to things, I somewhat disagree with the above post...just up 62nd Ave North (2 blocks) is a grocer, Kirk's Ice Cream, Bamboo Cafe (Chinese), Jimmagins (burgers), Grecian Corner (Greek), The City Market (great coffees, pastries, breakfast, lunch and early dinner), Hardees, KFC, Garcia's (Tex-Mex)...you do have to cross Kings Hwy (Bus 17) at the stoplight there at 62nd...and if you want a short walk up the beach you have St Clements (burgers/beer), River City (Burgers), Liquids(Coffee/martinis) , Ultimate California Pizza, and Martins (great little dinner restaurant).

To get to any of the attractions you could always catch the bus...the stop right in front of the hotel (www.golymo.com)

:)

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

thanks so much MBConcierge. now for another question. Have been on the beach side of the Sea Island and had a look at the pool area recently. I'm just curious now, with you last post i think i will go ahead and book the sea island since i can walk to a few things. Thanks again.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for hotel recommendation

I'm sure that they have just about got the pool area complete...alot of activity on the beachside of the hotel right now...I think you will ejoy that area! :)