We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

Years ago I took my kids to a Wings or Eagles or Bargains that had a huge fountain in it, possibly even a shark in the fountain (I can't remember) and it was one of the biggest/best souvenir stores we had been in. I really can't remember where this one was and there are just too many to stop at them all to try to figure out which one it was. Any help out there is appreciated!

Thanks!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

You know, I always wondered the same thing. Was it two stories also? I have been searching for years for that one but I can't remember what or where it was.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

Possibly the one near Garden City Beach on Bus 17 ?? They advertise live sharks and you have to walk through a "sharks mouth" at the entrance ??

philadelphia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

There was a Myrtle Beach Wings or Eagles located on Bus. 17 N., right around 68th or 69th Avenue, with a fountain and a couple of small sharks. However, they removed the sharks and fountain a few years ago.

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

I've been to at least two stores in the MB area with shark pools, but the biggest and best store of this type is Whales at 1911 South Kings Highway. It's two stories and is attached to a nice nostalgia store. I'm not a fan of captive gift shop sharks, but these seemed to be somewhat well cared for.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

thank you so much! Our vacation is over, but we'll put it on the list for next year!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

Chubbytravler, did it have a glass elevator?

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

No elevator that I can remember. Certainly not one made of glass.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

Maybe I dreamed about the elevator part or something. It has been years since i have been in the store that I'm trying to think of. I will have to remember to check out the Whale's next trip.

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

Want to buy my son another red eared slider baby turtle, but forget which Wings store in Myrtle Beach where we saw them in last year. The owner, a woman, was so knowledgeable and loved her turtles. Our turtle is so healthy now and has grown so much this past year, we want to buy another. Can anyone help me locate this store? Thanks.

Mary

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wings/Eagles/Bargain Fountain Store Location?

To the OP, here is Jaw's: http://goo.gl/maps/1VEka

and here is the Whales at 1911 South Kings: http://goo.gl/maps/aXQvu

246MaryF, I recall seeing turtles at several of the shops. Next time you are in the MB area, just visit a couple stores and you will probably find turtles (if they have them again this year).