We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US naval ships

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
US naval ships

are any stationed in the area that you can visit? i seem to remember seeing some a long time ago...near Holden Beach maybe? is ther e admission?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: US naval ships

You would need to travel approx 100 miles in either direction...You have to head to Wilmington, NC to tour the USS North Carolina or to Charleston to see the Yorktown, both well worth it! I really like where the Yorktown is located, just across the harbor from Charleston so you can take a boat tour across to the historical district there.

Heres the websites of both:

www.battleshipnc.com

www.patriotspoint.org

:)

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US naval ships

Irish....if you're coming in on I-95...get off at Smithfield, NC on 701. Take the 2 lane road about 15 miles past Newton Grove and get on I-40 west. Take it to Wilmington and follow signs that lead you towards North Myrtle, Myrtle and Brunswick Co. beaches. You'll go right past the USS North Carolina on a short job of NC421 before you get to NC 17. They have a show during the summer at night that's nice or at least they did. This is a great route to your vacation anyway.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US naval ships

thanks you guys!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach