We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great, reasonable, oceanfront, 5 people-June 13-17, 2005

WI
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
great, reasonable, oceanfront, 5 people-June 13-17, 2005

We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach in June and are having trouble deciding on a good place to stay. So many of the reviews are nasty. We are trying to stay in the range of 89-120 a night. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great, reasonable, oceanfront, 5 people-June 13-17, 2005

My family loves the Sandy Beach Resort. Be sure to get a room in the newer Magnolia building. I don't understand the bad reviews a couple of folks gave them. It's almost like they were someplace else.

Mentioned in this post
Sandy Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Resort
1,654 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Chester, SC
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: great, reasonable, oceanfront, 5 people-June 13-17, 2005

My family always stays at Springmaid Beach - on the south end of Myrtle Beach. I think the website is www.springmaidbeach.com. It's great for families (cafeteria, pier with snack bar, two pools, mini golf). It's spread out & laid back. It is owned by Springs Industries (textile manufacturer of Springmaid, Wamsutta sheets, towels, etc.), so it's reasonably priced.

Angola, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: great, reasonable, oceanfront, 5 people-June 13-17, 2005

check out montereybaysuites.com, We personally have stayed there and enjoyed it!!