We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Hi

We are 7 Irish guys going to Myrtle on the 26th November for a week of golf. Can anyone suggest good bars & nite clubs to visit. Will the Myrtle area be busy around this time of the year.

We are staying in the Caribbean Resort.

Thanks for the suggestions

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Broadway Louie's is a great sports bar. Handley's is a great pub. Enjoy your trip.

Broadway Louie's @ 1318 Celebrity Cir # Cs2, Myrtle Beach, SC 843 - 445 - 6885.

http://www.celebrationsnitelife.com/louie.htm

Handley's Pub and Grub @ 3873 Renee Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 843 - 903 - 4904.

http://www.handleyspub.com/

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
305 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

It is farther away from where you are staying but I think that 7 Irish guys would probably enjoy Finn McCool's.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
211 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Broadway at the Beach is nearby and has a large selection of bars and restaurants and will probably have the busiest atmosphere at this time of year. Liberty Taproom, near 79th Ave No, is closeby and has a good atmosphere for golfers. Bummz is clost too but is more hit and miss with the crowd. 2001, while farther away, has an older crowd with a selection of clubs inside so this might be an appealing option. Market Common and Barefoot Landing are similar to Broadway in that they area areas containing multiple shops and bars/restaurants with Market Common more upscale, if you don't mind driving a bit you can check them out. Enjoy your trip, I think you'll enjoy the golf here assuming you pickd the right courses!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Thats m yfavorite resort. I agree with SC devs. Hit Broadway at the beach, you will find several fun places and I would also try Bummz which is 7 blocks down on Ocean Blvd.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Thanks for the details axel.

Broadway Louie's looks good. I'm surprised you have to pay a cover charge into a bar but we'll give it a go.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Trabba

Might give Finn McCool's a visit but don't really go in for Irish Bars as we have the real thing here in Ireland!!!!

By the way is smoking banned in bars? It is here and much prefer it as the air is a lot cleaner.

One more question, what times do bars close?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

SCDevsFAN

Thanks for the details, Market Common looks good so we will visit that.

We are playing the following courses, have you played any of them:

World Tour Golf Club

Wachesaw East

Tpc Myrtle Beach

Pawleys Plantation

Wild Wing Avocet

River Club

Dunes Golf and Beach

Edited: 5:41 pm, November 22, 2011
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
211 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Dubliner I have played them all. All good courses, Dunes the best of the bunch. If you are flying across the pond then you aren't wasting your time on lesser courses. Sounds like a great trip.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
305 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

Guess I was thinking beer selection more than anything (will also add The Tilted Kilt for that reason as well). Most places you are going to find mainly American Lagers (Budweiser, Miller Lite, etc...) but Finn's and the Kilt have more variety, and my guess is some Irish beers as well if that is what you like. I guess it all depends on what you like to drink?

I believe bars close at midnight through the week and 1am on Fridays/Saturdays.

Smoking is allowed in bars in Myrtle (unless the bar itself doesn't allow it) and it can get smoky depending on when you are in there. If you go to Surfside, just south of Myrtle, there is a smoking ban there.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar's & Night Clubs in Myrtle Beach

There is no cover for Broadway Louies but the other clubs there may be on weekends but not during the week.

Crocadile Rocks is not to be missed at Broadway at the Beach it's next to Louies. Handleys would be a place to go after World Tour or Wild Wing rounds.

After the rounds down south ,TPC, Wachasaw, River Club, hit up Quigleys in Litchfield, Pawleys Island Tavern or Island Bar in Pawleys, Dead Dog Saloon in Murrells Inlet.

Lots of bars are open 24 hours except Sat and Sun when they close at 2 AM.

Quite a few clubs for gazing at dancers on stage and some where the girls are naked and you bring your own booze.

Gary