We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bowery

sandusky, OH
13 posts
Save Topic
The Bowery

With all the construction going on we were wondering if the Bowery is still open in the downtown area? Also, what about Mikes Bar located on Ocean Blvd in the downtown area?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bowery

I love it when people remember the places that helped "make" Myrtle Beach!

Yes...The Bowery is still there, and still "kicking!" Not really alot of construction right in that area...yet anyway. There is the talk of redeveloping the downtown area, but I think that may be a few years off yet...so you can still enjoy a MB Original!

I cant really place Mike's Bar...what was it close to? Was it part of one of the hotels? Ocean side or across the street?

sandusky, OH
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bowery

I believe the bar was called Mike's Place it was not on the ocean side. It was run by a father and a son (named Mike). They were from Fremont, Ohio. Treated us great and had a fun time there. Same with the Bowery...We went there every night. Thanks for letting me know about the Bowery and mom and pop places. I am going to look them up on internet.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bowery

Sorry...just cant place it. And I checked the local phone book and no listing...it may still be there, but under a different name.

Have a great time on your visit! Good to know there are still people out there that like the "old" MB!