We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in MB - anything open?

NJ
11 posts
Xmas in MB - anything open?

I was thinking of going to MB for a week between xmas and New Year's with my family, 2 kids (16 an d11). Looking for a hotel/resort with indoor pool/lazy river. Are there attractions open like mini golf, Ripley's, etc. We don't need a lot of entertainment but wanted to be able to do things.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
1. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

Most everything is open, there will be some mini-golf courses closed for the season but the big and better ones are open, most attractions are open, things like the sling-shot will be closed, there is plenty to keep the 3 of you entertained.

2 popular resorts with good indoor water facilities Compass Cove and Dunes Village.

Gary

NJ
11 posts
2. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

I was looking at the Dunes Village and will look into Compass Cove. Thank you for the information.

Theresa

georgia
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

Speaking from experience, do not try to go to any of the Wal Marts for groceries or ANYTHING the day after Christmas. One time I tried to go to take advantage of one of their "doorbusters". realized as soon as I turned into the access that I had made a BIG mistake. Took me almost an hour to get turned around and back out of their parking lot. Other than that, we enjoy going the week after. Christmas shows still going and no big crowds there.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
272 reviews
4. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

The indoor water facilities at Dunes Village are mainly geared for younger children. It is however, a nice resort.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

I would check in to Breakers....they have a lazy river that goes both indoors and outdoors and I believe it's heated. They also have a heated pool and tons of indoor hot tubs to enjoy yourself. I also recommend the Caribbean because they have a pretty good water area. Ripleys, Wonderworks and the Skywheel are all open year round. Clubs are also open just not nearly as busy and some of them only open on the weekends at Broadway. I would look into Broadway Louies if you are into karaoke. They have year round karaoke and it remains pretty busy year round.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
272 reviews
6. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

With the kids it may be a good idea to stay closer to the attractions and activities. Check out The Breakers, Camelot and the Caribbean. Good luck

NJ
11 posts
7. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

Thank you for all the tips. I will definitely look into the resorts. As long as there is an indoor pool my kids are happy.

8. Re: Xmas in MB - anything open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 04, 2012