We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in April

Ok...I know this is such a mundane question to ask but sorry I have to.

We will be arriving in Myrtle Beach April 22nd & need to know what the weather will be like? (as an average)

We gave up our usual Caribbean vaction (timeshare exchange) because of the ridiculous cost of airfares.

I LOVE the sun & the beach & am really hoping to be able to soak up some warmth at the beach.

Do you think this will honestly be possible?

We are from Canada & I am so ready to see sun & sand instead of snow & ice !!!!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in April

Not mundance at all....weather is a very important factor in vacation!

Well...we probably wont be quite as warm as the caribbean that time of year, but you will definately be able to soak up some sun while you're here. The average (and this is average)day temp is in the mid 70's and avg low night temp is the upper 50's. Of course alot depends on that time of year which way the wind is blowing. If its coming across the water, it may feel a bit cooler (like an air conditioner)..but if it is coming across land it will feel alot warmer. Today is a perfect example of that --- wind is from the west, temp is currently 78 degrees! AND sunny! In fact, all of us here in the office have a bit of a sunburn on our faces from being outside the last couple days!

If it is a bit windy at the beach, you can always rent a wind hut from one of the life guards. I'm sure you will have a good time!

:)

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in April

Wow...what quick service (response).

Thanks MBConcierge...I figured I could count on you.

I have always used this forum before we travel & have always gotten good info regarding our destinations from "locals".

My family usually kids me about doing this but trust me it has helped us be "informed vacationers".

Even though our daughter & her her hubby will be with us & they have been to MB before it is always nice to get "the insdie scoop"

Thanks again & have a great day.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in April

The current temperture is 75 and the high tomorrow is supposed to be 78. That's warm for this period but about right for late April but it could vary some in either direction.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in April

I should have read MBC's post; he gave you the lowdown.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in April

I know...and with the way things change around here -- what was there last year might not even exist this year!

I've used this forum for a number of trips -- started when we traveled to the Bahamas..and like you said, you had that insider info...heck I almost felt like a local when I got there!

Have a great time with us! Enjoy :)

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in April

In April the average air temperature is 75 and average water temperature is 62.

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in April

Ok...today was -12 degrees (remember we use celcius) but with the wind the "real feel" is -23 so anthing over 70 is starting to sound REAL good!!!!!!!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in April

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....aren't your fingers to cold to type??? Yikes!