We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

C&B Getaways

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
C&B Getaways

Has anyone had any dealings with the C&B GETAWAY, INC., OLDSMAR, FL.?

Just wondering if anyone has any comments concerning their resort vacations?

Thanks, Robin

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: C&B Getaways

Sorry Robin....

Never heard of them, maybe some others have

What are they offering?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: C&B Getaways

My husband got a certificate for a "free" 2 night stay in one of their resorts in Myrtle Beach.

It's not one of those timeshare deals. They need a $15.00 redemption fee and we pay all applicable taxes. On the certificate they list 25 other destinations we can choose to visit.

Food and transportation are not included.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: C&B Getaways

Beware - I think if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

You may try checking with the Better Business Bureau.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: C&B Getaways

I agree with lovestogo...sounds a bit iffy to me. Does it say which resorts you can select from? If if does, then maybe you could contact that hotel directly and see if they do business with them.

Seems like "timeshare" would have to be in there somewhere....

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: C&B Getaways

...definately sounds like a timeshare!

PA
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: C&B Getaways

I'm also trying to find out more on the validity of this company. A friend of mine is trying them out and gave me one of their "free" certificates. I found on the company's website a note that mentions they are not timeshares (see reference below, can't include URL due to the 40 char limit). It also mentions that their distributers get a whole $5 for each certificate that's redeemed. Like the OP, I'm always skeptical about getting something for almost nothing. But reading the fine print also mentions it's only good for Mon - Wed nights and not near holidays, which is when hotels will typically have the most empty rooms wasting away. My friend's travel dates are in July and the certificate is good for a year, so I may just wait to see how their trip ends up before deciding.

Q: Are your Vacation Certificates just "Timeshare Vacations" by another name?

A: ABSOLUTELY NOT. No customer will ever be required to listen to any sales pitch, take a tour, or in any other way be required to consider buying anything to take advantage of the "Free Accommodations" offered on our Vacation Certificates.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: C&B Getaways

My neighbor got a thing in the mail from something or something like that but anyways they can get a trip to anywhere for the $15 fileing fee and they have to pay the taxes on there room. They anit used it yet though.

NJ
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: C&B Getaways

I have had dealings with them and they are an honest company. I received 5 cert's from someone a couple years ago and gave some to my friends and my brother. One friend used it to take his girlfriend to Lancaster, Pa. and stayed at a nice hotel there and enjoyed it so much, he asked me for another and went again. They are part of the better business bureau. I know cause I wouldn't take any unless they were and since the vacations worked for my friend and my brother, I can't complain. If you choose to try it out, it might be worth it. If not, just rip it up.

Rudolph, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: C&B Getaways

We just picked up a certificate yesterday in an ice cream shoppe. It states everything the last post said, as far as staying 3 days/2 nights, except for Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. Those are 4 days and 3 nights.

What we were puzzled about, is there is one remark a person wrote praising this offer, and they said,"My family and I just returned from Puerto Vallarta, MX.,a week long stay set up by your company." We would like to know how they got a week long stay?? There is no email, no phone, no website. But they are listed with BBB of West Florida. It states they have affiliate Travel Agencies and participating Resort Hotels, who make sure your stay is excellent. So we are considering it. Anyone else have comments?

Marcia B.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: C&B Getaways

HTe choices for the hotels in MB are dumps from them!!! You get what you pay for.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations