We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

Plattsburgh, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

Hello,

We are planning to drive from Montreal to Myrtle Beach...Any tips? Best roads, places to stay... We want to live on friday at 4 pm and drive about 5 to 6 hours. The next day we were planning to do another 6 hours or so and arriving in Myrtle Beach on sunday before noon..

My husband wanted to stop at Baltimore saturday night and stay the night. Is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance for the help

Ana

St-Lambert
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

Hello,

We are a couple of women driving from Montreal to Myrtle Beach with just a GPS. We'd like to do the drive in 2 days. We were thinking of leaving Montreal around 6 am and was wondering where would be a good stopping point at around 6-8pm that night?

Thanks,

Danielle

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

Emporia, Virginia or if you can get a little farther, if we stop, we like to do it in Rocky Mount, NC.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

We r driving our RV for the first time too Myrtle Beach. Which route did you finally take. Really don't want traffic or tolls. Can u suggest any camp grounds also? Thanks

montreal
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

what is the total cost in tolls do you know?

montreal
6 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

can you tell me the cost of tolls to myrtle beach?

montreal
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

what is the cost of tolls from montreal to myrtle beach do you know?

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

If you take QuebecMichel's route and don't get on I95 until Fredericksburg, VA there are no tolls. You have to go through a toll booth in Albany, but you just get the ticket and hand it back as you get on 88. We drive from Vermont to Myrtle Beach often and try to avoid I95. It might be more miles, but we avoid all the major cities.

18. Re: driving from Montreal, QC to Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 01, 2014