We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time for Californians to Visit Myrtle Beach

Antioch, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Best time for Californians to Visit Myrtle Beach

Hi there - We're used to CA weather. Not too humid, high to mid 90's in the summers.

Can someone suggest the best time to visit Myrtle Beach, when it's the least (if ever) humid?

California coastlines tend to have thier best weather (indian summer) during October or so.

I'm wondering if Myrtle Beach has a similar weather pattern?

Thanks

south hill, va
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time for Californians to Visit Myrtle Beach

October to early Nov. is best for low humidity at M.Bch.

Temps will be in the upper 60s-70s and maybe low 80s, depends on how God wants it, if you know what I mean.

End of April to mid May is good also, but begins to heat up in May. The mos. of June thru Sept. are usually hot and humid.

I have family that live there and I have been there is every monty there is. I usually go down to Myrtle 8- 10 times per year.

new jersey
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time for Californians to Visit Myrtle Beach

Hi, your last post was really on the money as far as weather is down in the myrtle beach area...we just happen to have a beach home on a barrier island in sunset beach, north carolina 1 block from the ocean and intracoastal waterway. Due to renting in the summer we chose to go down during april, may or sept, oct. Those really are the best months. Summer is truly very humid and hot....we just came back from your beautiful state and wonderful weather. This part of north carolina is truly very different and beautiful in a very different way, long, wide dunes to the ocean, and massive beach fronts...lots of golf, etc....you should avoid summer, you probably would have a tough time adjusting to this humidity and that time...if you need any additional info on the area, I would be happy to help you..have fun

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach