We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars for Older Crowd

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Bars for Older Crowd

My wife and I will be visiting North Myrtle Beach and would like to find a couple of bars that are comfortable for "older patrons" (we are late 50's), I'd like a place where I can get a decent burger, drink a few beers, watch a game on TV. Maybe some live music later in the evening. We will be staying at the Brighton Towers.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
920 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

With the exception of Celebrity Square at Broadway and the Gentlemen's club in MB, what you decribed above will pretty much be what the bars in MB are like. A few that come to mind are River City Cafe, Bummz Beach Bar.

We have been to Flynn's Irish Pub in the Ocean Drive section of NMB...Give them a try.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

OH LORD, I AM getting old. When my favorite bar (Bummz) is a recommendation for bars for 50 and up....WHAT?????

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

I'm chuckling too, basketscrapper!

Mainframer, if you ever come here over the winter months, you'll be considered a "young'un." Or, stop in Fat Harold's & see if you can find anyone younger than you!

Age is just a number... Look at the bright side: you don't get carded anymore!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

LOL, good points daddio

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

I went to Bumstead's this past weekend and it's a great place. The Happy Hour is great and the food is very good.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

Fat Harolds or Ducks on Main St in Ocean Drive will suit you.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

Flynn's Irish Tavern has a fun older crowd with entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. They have two large TVs in their bar so it's not the best place to watch a game if you really want to see a specific one but they will definitely put on whatever you want to see. The food and drinks are great!!

8. Re: Bars for Older Crowd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, January 21, 2012