We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner

Pinehurst, NC
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner

my husband and i will be in NMB (at the Barefoot Resort) in mid-February. We're looking for recommendations for a nice restaurant for our 20th anniversary celebration. We've been to the area many times (live in Pinehurst on a couple hours away) and have been to many restaurants but seem to be stuck in a rut with Thoroughbreds, Greg Normans, Stars, Bonefish Grill, Carabba's. Good food and service is, of course, a must . . . as is a good wine selection and a nice atmosphere . . . meaning, not a family place. Don't want to try to converse over the screams of children. Thanks

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner

The Parson's Table in Little River, SC (right up Hyw. 17 near the NC/SC stateline) is a very special place, located in a small historic church, with wonderful fine dining and an extensive wine list. It would be perfect for a special celebration. Parsonstable.com

Also, The Library in Downtown Myrtle Beach has been the place to go for fine dining in MB, for decades.

Both recommend reservations.

Happy Anniversary!

Best Wishes!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Chestnut Hill located in between Restaurant Row and Colonial Mall and is a very nice, romantic restaurant located on a lake so you have a beautiful view. Their website is www.chestnuthilldining.com. If you like good Italian food Villa Romana is a wonderful family owned restaurant. There is a fountain in the middle of the restaurant and some nights (I believe Mondays) there is an accordian player. Their website is villaromanamb.com. Also, Cagneys which has been in business for many many years always has superb food and service. Their phone # is 843-449-3824. They also have a piano bar. Happy Anniversary!! I assure you you will not be dissapointed at any of these restaurants.

Myrtle Beach, SC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I have only been to Thoroughbreds, Greg Normans and Carabbas. If I were to choose based on atmosphere, wine list and upscale I would go with Greg Normans. Service is always been better than the average. They have a nice bar area for a relaxing drink before or after dinner. Prices are reasonable though not cheap. I'd say the average bill would be about $100-150 depending on your selection. I do like Carabbas but that is a place you can usually find anywhere. It is usually crowded and more of a family restaurant.

Happy anniversary

Just thought of one more which is probably one of my favorites. Its ecclectic and very trendy so it all depends on your personal taste. Collectors cafe is on 76th ave and has a selective menu. Changes daily based on what the chef want to prepare. Desserts are unbelievable.

Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I know they are a chain, but Omaha Steaks in the Embassy Suites in Kingston Plantation was great. I thought it was as good as Thoroughbreds and Bonefish and much better than Normans. (Also, ask for an Oceanfront table when making a reservation!)

Pinehurst, NC
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Thanks to all of you for your help. We're considering all of your suggestions. If you think of more, please post and I'll keep checking the forum.

south hill, va
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I too was going to suggest The Library,downtown around 7th Street. Also my 2nd suggestion would be The Parsons Table in Litttle River. However, if you drink , remember it is a 20 min. trip back downtown. Either or these have been great in the past. Good Luck and Have Fun.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner

The Library in Myrtle Beach is very up-scale. No children here ever or tourists in shorts and tee shirts.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Thoroughbred's for sure!!!

Canton, OH
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary Dinner

My husband and I tried Joe's Bar and Grill. It is across the street from Barefoot landing. To look at the place you would never think that the food and the service were as acceptional as they were. It is in an old house overlooking the marsh land. Best mahi mahi I've EVERY had. Go back every year just for that dish.

Good luck and Happy Anniversery.