We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any non smoking resorts in MB?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any non smoking resorts in MB?

I would love to go to MB again this summer. My family enjoyed our first trip very much last summer. My only issue was what seemed to be an inordinate number of people smoking around the pool of our resort. Are there any resort that don't allow smoking at all on their property?

canada
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

I hear you on this one. We spend more time moving our chairs by the pool to avoid the smoke. You would think at family resorts they would stop this for the sake of the kids and other non-smoking patrons - which far outweigh the smoking population I am sure. They aren't even considerate about it and blow it right in your face! I know the beach there is no laws preventing it there. We always stay at resorts that are non-smoking - but most of them allow it on the balcony - go figure. I would like to know if there are any all non-smoking resorts as well.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

Oceana Resorts properties (which owns quite a few nice hotels) are all smoke free properties, though I'm not sure how strictly that's enforced.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

Grand Atlantic Resort is smoke free and it is "not" allowed on the balconies.

Near Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

We last stayed in MB about 28 years ago. Have been staying in North Myrtle Beach every year or so since then. However, we just booked at the (supposedly) totally smoke free Grand Atlantic in the south end of Myrtle for this Sept.

We decided to try something different, that would give us closer access to Broadway at rthe Beach, Market Commons, Murrell's Inlet, Brookgreen Gardens etc.

Hope the Grand Atlantic is as smokefree as they advertise. I understand there are some pretty hefty fines for smoking ANYWHERE on the property. We won't hesitate to report "violators" to the management, should we encounter any.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,496 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

If you are unable to find something that suits you... you may want to know for future reference that Charleston and the local beaches (Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island) are all smoke free in all public places. Restaurants, hotels, etc. Local laws prohibit smoking and they are enforced.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
416 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

We will be staying at the Marriott Grand Dunes Resort which also advertises smoke free!

Have a nice vacation!

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

Grand Atlantic tries to be smoke free, with no smoking rooms and they charge $150 if you're caught smoking in the room or on the balconies. We did witness a few puffs of smoke from the balconies, but that was about it. The parking garage and lawn appear to be okay for smokers though. We did notice a "smokers post" sitting at the outside corner of the pool area one day, but it had been moved the next.

I'm a smoker myself, but I'm very conscious about it. During our stay there I either went out to the parking garage or the downwind corner of the lawn or beach to keep it away from people. Other than the few puffs we saw from the balconies, I didn't see anything offensive.

Overall though, it's a very nice property and it's only about 3 years old and we were very pleased with our stay.

Edited: 2:17 am, July 11, 2010
Baltimore
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

We stay at the Island Vista Resort. It is completely smoke free. It is also the cleanest resort we have ever stayed in. All of the rooms are ocean front.It also sits in a residential section so the beach is never over crowded. It has nice indoor and outdoor pools. All Myrtle Beach attractions are close by.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any non smoking resorts in MB?

We stay at the Island Vista Resort. It is completely smoke free. It is also the cleanest resort we have ever stayed in. All of the rooms are ocean front.It also sits in a residential section so the beach is never over crowded. It has nice indoor and outdoor pools. All Myrtle Beach attractions are close by.