We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large family

overland park, ks
Level Contributor
107 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Large family

I'm looking into booking a vacation for my parents, my brother/SIL, and 2 nieces, my hub & 2 girls and myself in June. ( 10 total people, 6 adults, 4 kids under 7)

I was thinking of trying VRBO for a condo/house on the beach.

Myrtle Beach was a choice I was looking into, but I have no idea what beaches there to narrow my search, nor if I should do Myrtle or North Myrtle having never been in the area.

Do you have any suggestions?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Large family

Try looking at Ocean Lakes Family Campground, it is a great place and has many places for rent. We rented a place this summer that had 5 bedrooms and 3 baths. They do have listings in VRBO.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large family

We really enjoy being on the "south end". You might try looking for beach houses in Surfside Beach or Garden City Beach. Just a couple of miles to MB proper, Broadway, the new boardwalk area being developed and to Murrells Inlet for many great retaurants. There are also second and third row houses from which you can get a glimpse of the ocean and will be considerably cheaper than ocean front. As stated above, both Ocean Lakes and Lakewood campgrounds have houses or villas to rent, but are a little further from the beach. A lot of people rent golf carts to go back and forth to the beach in the campgrounds. Might be a little long walk for kids.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large family

I would try this company in North Myrtle Beach

http://cherrygroverealtysc.com/

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large family

With a group that size I would suggest looking on VRBO and finding out what properties are available to accommodate your group. Then ask about their location here.

There are many wonderful spots in Myrtle Beach that you will enjoy. Finding a place large enough might be the best place to start. What's great about VRBO is that you can see exactly what you are getting. And do call the owners and ask questions. VRBO listings that have renter comments are also a plus because you can read what others experiences have been.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large family

There are some really nice, newer 5 or more bedroom houses in Surfside Beach. Many have multiple balconies, small private pools, etc.

There are many listed on vrbo.com. We've used vrbo & also Dunes Realty in Surfside.

6. Re: Large family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 29, 2010