We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's.

NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Must do's.

Im going to Myrtle with my wife, 20 month old son, and in-laws, the week of Sept 22. Staying at the Marriott Grande Dunes. Ive been there before, but only for a weekend with my buddies. So besides golf (and strip joints), I'm not exactly sure what else there is to do.

If anyone could, I would greatly appreciate some ideas on cant miss things to do there to fill the week. Im the type of person who hates to sit around, so I need something to do everyday. Also, since I am going for 7 full days, I wouldnt mind (though I'd prefer not to) drive somewhere, probably and hour, hour and a half the most.

Once again, thanks for everyones help!!

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do's.

Charleston is a great day trip. Around an hour and half. Lots of history.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do's.

I was just going to say that Charleston is beautiful..and lots to do..We just came back from MB.. I will tell you what we do...

Of course the beach, Barefoot Landing, Broadway At the Beach, Medieval Times, Grande Coastal Mall (a rain day), Murrels Inlet, Pawley's Island for food and shopping..did mini golf, Wilmington NC is a great day trip also..

NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do's.

Thanks Amy, although thats not exaclty what Im looking for, not much of a history buff. Im looking more for exciting things to do, like water sports, parks, boat rides, etc...etc...

Thanks for your input.

Anyone else??

NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Must do's.

Thanks Mom

and btw......love the pic!!

;)~

tripadvisor
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Must do's.

well, there's 2 amusement parks- Family Kingdom and The Pavillion. We just got back this weekend- we went to both parks with our 3 year old and had a good time... not as many rides for a 20 month old, I would guess.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must do's.

Good comment... Nixon.. Mr.lombardo.. There is parasailing.. and boat rides.. off hand..dont remember..the names of the places..but I am sure others will post or type in.. parasailing on search..here on TA..

michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must do's.

look for sharks teeth on the beach.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Must do's.

If either you or your in-laws are into Parks, flowers or scenery, I suggest the Brookgreen Gardens. It's a short ride south on Hwy 17. We spent about four hours there and throughly enjoyed it. It also has a nice restaurant.

http://www.brookgreen.org/kenan_master.html

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,107 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must do's.

Charleston is great, but is actually about 2 hours drive, possibly more if you are in North Myrtle.

In Myrtle Beach many of the tourist type amusements begin to close down for the winter around the end of sept. So some things may not be open at that time.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Must do's.

I would suggest definately checking out Ripleys Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach. The Childrens Museum would be something I'm sure your son would enjoy. The Family Kingdom amusement park and Myrtle Waves waterpark would be fun as well. Enjoy!