We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas situation??

Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Gas situation??

We are travelling to myrtle beach from Canada and our gas prices have risen dramatically as well.. but I have heard that places are running out of gas.. does anyone know where this is happeneing as we have a long drive ahead of us

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas situation??

I can tell you Myrtle Beach has plenty of gas!!! But yes, prices are rising.

Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas situation??

What are the gas prices right now?!? We are in Toronto and we are paying 1.45 for a litre!

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas situation??

Just left Myrtle Beach Gas was 2.67 on Wed and 3.12 on Thurs

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas situation??

ju2222-today (Fri-9pm) the prices are just about the same. At this time, they may have varied $.05 or so from the prices you reported.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas situation??

You will find spotty shortages in North Carolina when you come through. Also - around Spartanburg, SC ( if you come through the upstate). Gas around Charlotte averages 3.29 a gallon right now.

sumter,sc
Level Contributor
263 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas situation??

Here is Sumter, ( about 100 miles from MB ) gas is about 3.15. And there are a few places that are out of gas until Tues.

Toronto
Level Contributor
352 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gas situation??

We drove from Toronto in July and the average price was $2.12-$2.20 and it cost us about $100 US each way driving a loaded Pontiac Montana with four passengers. About 1600 km. We took I90 to I79 in Erie, Pa., south to US19 to I77, then east on I20 to 576 and 501. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Oshawa, Ontario

Toronto
Level Contributor
352 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gas situation??

We drove from Toronto in July and the average price was $2.12-$2.20 and it cost us about $100 US each way driving a loaded Pontiac Montana with four passengers. About 1600 km. We took I90 to I79 in Erie, Pa., south to US19 to I77, then east on I20 to 576 and 501. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Oshawa, Ontario