We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

Near Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Topic
How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

A group of us will be in North Myrtle Sept. 10 - 17 and with the recent tragedy on the gulf coast we expect gasoline to take a big bite out of our travel budget. One of the younger couples in our group won't have the money for expensive dinners out so I'm looking into some more budget friendly options. We'll be eating breakfast and lunch in the condo but would like for them to be able to go out to dinner with the rest of us at least a few times during the week.

What's anyones opinion of the New China Buffet? How about any other budget friendly suggestions ( other than the usual national chains that we can go to anytime, ie: Cracker Barrel, fast food "joints", etc.) I know Ryan's is a national chain - but none are in our area - how's the food and price there?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,860 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

Never been to New China, but heard it was good. Not sure what the prices are. Ryan's is very good. Price is great too. Make sure to get lots of fresh rolls ;) K&W is another good place if you don't have one in your hometown. We have one and my daughter loves it. Again great food and great prices.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

New China is so/so in my opinion, but you can't go wrong at Ryan's...probably the best value in MB. One night you might try the Filling Station...pizza & sub buffet...quite good & reasonable.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

I've heard from my college kids that the Filling Station is a great place for those on a budget. I thinks closer to downtown.

We also like River City Cafe...it's reasonably priced.

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

If you don't mind this type of restaurant, try the K&W Cafeteria. My family of four went here several times during our vacation and loved it. Good food, dirt cheap. We would always leave STUFFED and never paid more than $35, that's including big desserts. Try it. I couldn't believe the quality and value.

kwcafeterias.com

Near Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How's food at The New China Buffet?. . .other budget...

Thanks for the helpful suggestions - we have a friend who stays in Myrtle and raves about The Filling Station. He says they eat there every year. Also our youngest daughter ate at K&W once while traveling and was happy to hear that was an option in Myrtle Beach.

Thanks again.