We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Margaritaville?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Near Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Topic
Food at Margaritaville?

Just wondering how the food is at Margaritaville at Broadway at the Beach. Last year we vacationed in early Aug. and the wait was 2 - 3 hours, so we just looked the place over and ate elsewhere. This year we'll be in NMB Sept. 10 to 17 and thought the "in season" crowds will have died down somewhat plus it's not as new (had just opened last year I think). I read they have call ahead seating now also. We're Buffett fans and enjoy a good margarita - just wondered what anyone had to say about the quality of the food.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Margaritaville?

We went last September (week after Labor Day) and didn't have to wait for a table. The margarita's were great and the atmosphere was fun. I'd honestly rate the food as so-so. Not bad, by any means, but it seems like the entertainment or "theme" atmosphere is really what you are paying for. Next time, we'll order appetizers & margaritas & skip the dinner.

I'm sure that others would disagree with this opinion....if there is a two to three-hour wait...they must be doing something right!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Margaritaville?

I totally agree with Sopranofreak, fun atmosphere, so-so food. When you are on vacation having fun and a good drink wins! You should not have to wait.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Margaritaville?

We went in July, I did call ahead seating two weeks before we got down there, it cut our time - we waited 45 minutes instead of the 2 hours that they were telling everyone in the line. I agree with the others, food is just ok, not a real big selection on the menu, my husband got some kind of salad with crab and didn't like it, but once you get a taste of Maryland seafood, it's hard to beat, so some others may like the taste of it. I have learned not to get seafood in the south. We got a drink, I can't remember the name of it (sorry) but it was goooood. The people on stilts are entertaining. I don't know that I would go back next year, but glad I went this year.

Near Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at Margaritaville?

Thanks everyone for the imput. I think we will just stop in for drinks and appetizers, then hit the Crab House for dinner.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at Margaritaville?

Hi Just came back from MB..We ate at Margaritaville.. I had a Caribbean Salad type of thing.. very good.. and lots of it.. My husband had a hamburger.. it was good.. We enjoyed it alot.. We also did the call ahead seating..but did not need it..got in with a party of nine.. right away.. upstairs.. they do have an elevator for anyone in need.. we used it.. great time..

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at Margaritaville?

We enjoyed it....and of course shopping in the store while waiting, listening to the live performers. Got a kick out of the expressions on the mugs, hats, t-shirts etc., even on mousepads. They give you one of those electronic things that goes off when they want you.