We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

WA
7 posts
Save Topic
Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

We are driving from Charleston after flying all day from Washington State - gotta love those free airmile trips :(

Anyway, we won't be leaving Charleston until around 11 pm Friday night. Any tips on the best route? Is Hwy 17 our only option? How long should it take? MapQuest says it's 105 miles but that it will take 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks for the help!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

Hwy 17 is the nearest way. Really, it's the ONLY way between the two. I think that Map Quest is based on driving an avg. 50 mph. Is that 105 miles from the Charleston Airport to your motel? Or just from city to city? My map has 94 miles.

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

In October we will be flying into Myrtle Beach, driving to Charleston for a 4-day convention, and then driving back to MB for 10-day vacation. Did you decide to take Hwy 17 after all? When is your trip?

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

In October we will be flying into Myrtle Beach, driving to Charleston for a 4-day convention, and then driving back to MB for 10-day vacation. Did you decide to take Hwy 17 after all? When is your trip?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

Happy, I am assuming that you are flying into Charleston, right? At that time of night, I think you might be smart to spend the rest of the night in Charleston, get up early, take a quick drive-around so you can say you have seen Charleston and then drive on to MB. Alert your motel that you would be having an early morning arrival. That way, you wouldn't be driving a strange road in the dark, tired and sleepy. It's not a wide Interstate. It's a drive over the marshes, with lots of live oak trees, etc. Much more interesting in the day light.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastest way to get to MB from Charleston, SC

I strongly agree with Aileen. Not a great drive so late at night, and a beautiful drive during the day. You will see two sides of the area with all the beautiful landscape of SC on the way up.